Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Register.com prices for transfer etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had some domains with register.com for some time now. Can it possibly be true that their charge for a registrant change is $200? That means I have to factor in a fee of $200 if I want to sell a domain registered with them?

And their prices suck big time :bandit:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
> I've had some domains with register.com for some time now.
I did too (but with their affiliate NameBargain.com).

> Can it possibly be true that their charge for a registrant change is $200?
Yes.

> That means I have to factor in a fee of $200 if I want to sell a domain registered with them?
No. Just transfer them out (by initiating a transfer from another registrar as that is free).

> And their prices suck big time :bandit:
Transfer all your domains out and never buy from them again. :wink:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Always find it simply amazing how a registrar like Register.com stays in business at all, let alone be so large with so many names reg'd, what with the very high prices, poor reputation, bad publicity for many yrs, and lack of domain extras and tools offered by other firms (i.e. GoDaddy) free.

Wish I knew their secrets to getting so much business so I could do the same in my business and charge a lot more than it's possible to do due to competition.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes RN, it's staggeringly incomprehensible. I see their market share dropping steadily. More .com domains are registered (by USA registrants) at Enom, Go Daddy, MelbourneIT, Netsol and Opensrs than Register.com. Just went to Go Daddy to transfer wap.org.uk out of Register.com and Go Daddy don't deal in org.uk -- guess I'll find another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom