Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

register.com sucks !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millering

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought a domain which is reged at regsiter.com. I want to get it transferred to GD. I know register forces phone call to get the auth code, so i called them. It takes me over 30 minutes to wait online. I hang out and try luck with another department, this time the "estimated time" is 47 minutes. Doesn't this mean i have to hold the domain with them forever?

Before i phone them, I sent them an email. It takes over 72 hours to get a response. This really sucks.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They keep denying my requests for auth codes.

All the domains left there were acquired through Snapnames. I just want to move them out.

This registrar is user-unfriendly, it's the only that is giving me such a headache.
I think I will refrain from buying prerelease domains in the future if they are registered at register.com, it's not worth the hassle.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I won't buy a name that is registered there unless seller agrees to a transfer out and to refund if unable to do so. You really have to call them and wait for like 5-10 days for an authorization code - I can't believe there isn't some rule in place by ICANN to prevent this. They should be ashamed at those business practices.

J

JDN

Going through that very same issue right now. Very frustrating indeed.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had eNom refusing to provide WORKING epp codes a few weeks ago, but fortunately the sales rep stepped in a saved the day as I was about to call a lawyer.

Not sure why registrars suddenly think it's OK to refuse EPP codes.

Millering

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you want to waste your time, go to register.com. 72 minutes waiting online, and still nothing.

2013-01-29_1028.png

domaingeneration

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Understand your frustration. I had negative experience with them as well. Not the right way to do business.

DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom