Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Register.com - Transfer Out - How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTech

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't mind someone making a living, but $200 for a domain switch is making a killing.

I've read a few posts here that we can bypass this by transferring out?

Here's my situation...I have a client I'm designing a site for. We bought the .us of their name and contacted the .com owner who was not using the name. Nice fellow, said he would be happy to let us buy it for the cost he had in it (reg fees for a few years) but that Register.com would charge $200.00.

Great hog balls and calf fries, that's outrageous!!!

So how do we best "transfer this out" of Register.com? Do we just need to create an account at Enom with his same details? Can I just initiate a transfer, or will they validate the emails are the same? I just want to understand the process to bypass Register.com pinching me on the ass.

Appreciate any advice, thanks!

GTech

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Correct. Just initiate a transfer out from the registrar of your choice and ask the other party to accept the requests sent to their email.

GTech

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excellent, thanks for the reply.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No problem. I recently transferred out 8 domains from Register.com to Enom.com without a hitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom