Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Register.it - Beware!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We grabbed a domain name for a client of our's at NameWinner 5 weeks ago. Their partner site Register.it caught the domain name. Our Domians Department just recieved the login details after 14 letters and support tickets at NameWinner, 5 weeks later. We then attempted to make a name change on the domain (not a transfer) and were told they charge $35 US funds for a name change. Thought I should post this in an attempt to give you a "head-up" on this problem registrar. NameWinner needs to better screen their partners. This one is even worse than Live Door and RGNames. Seems like Icann should better manage their new registrars? Steve

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But it is so much easier to just collect the application and startup fees and do nothing!
You Bet Momentum - They added over 2 dozen new registrars recently and I am sure it was all about the money - Take Care - Steve

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I paid $60 at pool for a domain, have sent several emails and am now waiting for 60 days in hell to be over ....

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the drop catchers (pool/nw/spap/etc) are more focused on catching names and gaining more partners than quality of partners.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I can't believe this shit.
I caught a domain with NW and Register.it is the Technical contact. When I asked them to change the Tech contact to that of the registrant (me), they told me that they won't do that because Register.it somehow *must* be the Technical contact.

I threatened them with ICANN action but after reading this thread I told them not to bother. I will be transferring the domain out in 60 days, report them to NW and ICANN as well.

****ers!

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They denied twice a transfer request to my prefered registrar...
I am about to send a complaint letter to both Namewinner and Icann, will keep you updated.

odette

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem.
but after 60 Days, and after starting the second transfer, they accepted it.
andi have now the domain at enom
i didnt pay the 35.
i didnt register my credit card there.
and i didnt contact the support.

i was surprised as i saw, i must pay 35 dollar, but the end of the story was good.
so good luck

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I found the biggest problem with Register.it was trying to navigate an Italian site. There is a link to change to english, but certain pages are only available in Italian. A joke.

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URLCollection said:
We grabbed a domain name for a client of our's at NameWinner 5 weeks ago. Their partner site Register.it caught the domain name. Our Domians Department just recieved the login details after 14 letters and support tickets at NameWinner, 5 weeks later. We then attempted to make a name change on the domain (not a transfer) and were told they charge $35 US funds for a name change. Thought I should post this in an attempt to give you a "head-up" on this problem registrar. NameWinner needs to better screen their partners. This one is even worse than Live Door and RGNames. Seems like Icann should better manage their new registrars? Steve

I had one name stuck there and it is a nightmare. Sold the name and couldn't transfer out or change anything. Terrible registrar!

Best Regards
Nico

unholy1

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still have names there and the service is extremely poor.

It takes over 72 hours for DNS changes to resolve, can't update the url forwarding without contacting support and they take forever to respond and then charge you for it.

Their website is slow, their support is slow, what can say.

Still have another week before I can attempt a transfer out, we'll see how it goes.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have successfully transferred out a domain from Register.it to Enom in my first attempt. Thanks Enom :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom