Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

RegisterFly and illegal DNS Changes! or HIGHJACKING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Heads up everyone.

It seems the RegisterFly (a big eNom reseller) screws up your DNS after RENEWAL or TRANSFER! After an unspecified time, the RESET your DNS (by reset I mean CHANGE IT ILLEGALLY WITHOUT YOUR AUTHORIZATION) to their own name servers.

This TOTALLY screws you up for 48 hours AFTER you've discovered the problem.

DNS HIGHJACKING by RegisterFly! Anyone else experience this nonsense!

:mad:

D

DomainNameFactory

RegFly sucks...period. They overbilled me on US land rush and still own me

d'backs

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Actually, regfly is owned and operated by eNom.....so you may want to contact eNom to get an authoritative answer.

Good luck though.

BDM

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Be careful that you don't find that they've suddenly wiped your dns/whois clear of all info. I'm still waiting for an explanation of why they've lost my CDs4free.com in just this manner. (It now "belongs" to someone else according to the current WhoIs!)

Unfortunately, I could give you too many other instances of customer-neglect that I have experienced at RegisterFly as well. And their new "live support" (which appears to be in the hands of a polite responsibility-shifter somewhere in India) has proved to be a colossal failure in terms of getting any problems sorted out satisfactorily. The best you can hope for it seems is a promise that your (latest) problem will be followed up - after which you're very unlikely to hear from anyone ever again.

BDM

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
After much screaming, they got my domain up and running in about 1 hour, after pleading with me that it was IMPOSSIBLE to resolve the DNS in under 24-48 hours!

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What was the problem? I am having this exact problem with a name I just transferred out.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you guys using the locked feature in domain names? This is the reason it exist.

tw

Marty

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by d'backs
Actually, regfly is owned and operated by eNom.....so you may want to contact eNom to get an authoritative answer.

Good luck though.

Where does it state that RegFly is owned and operated by eNom?

DotDuDe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
naah they resell names using enom registrar reseller program :)

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have had a very bad experience with Registerfly.com also.

They over charged me a lot of money and would not refund it, and refused to answer emails when I asked for a refund, so I eventually had to do a chargeback.

Their "live help" was a joke as they continually cut me off when I tried to question them about the charges.

Don't go near them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom