Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

RegisterFly=Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I have gotten some .infos with the superinfo sale, but I got others too. After a lot of my names failed I kept on putting in requests. and got a few for each request. I put a request in for 7 names, the total came to 4.20 if completed succesfull. Well an hour later the names come through, 2 failed and I was charged 2.99 for each name. What a ripoff. I called twice to be disconnected after 15 minutes each time. WHAT A Joke. I sent them a ticket and am awaiting response, also their professionalism is lousy.

Domain Days 2024

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I keep getting disconnected too. I have registered about 300-500 and then they locked my account out. I emailed them and called twice, each time being disconnected as you mentioned after 15 minutes.

I can only assume they are really busy with their promotion and hopefully will get through tonight sometime to clear it up.

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your words of assurance, do you think they will credit the money back?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who knows, I can not even get through to a person. It will take some time for you to get through but definately handle it over the phone and not email. I have read stories where they double bill.

Only time will tell. When their promotion is over in a few hours here we should be able to get through to support.

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you, yes the phone is the best bet, I just want to get through. If worst comes to worst I'll file a charge back. I wish you luck as well.

domainuncle

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i also encountered the same problem. i got confirmation that i got the domains but after sometime again there was failure. I dont know what the problem is . if they charge at 2.99 dollars then its not a proffesonalism.. no way..

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had similar problems with them - luckily I've only got 13 names with them, I'm going to move them out of there and then chargeback.

They're either crooks or incompitent - either way they won't be able to stay in business long the amount of bad press they get in the forums. Pretty soon no-one will touch 'em. And I don't know how much it costs them to reg .infos - does anyone know? I suspect its more than they (supposedly) charge.

Jas

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Incompitent probably. If you check their numbers on webhosting.info they have literally doubled the number of handled domains in the last few days. I am not sure how many they have on their Enom reseller account vs. their new system, but I think it is just major growing pains. With a promotion like this it just added fuel to the fire with their support issues.

elmister

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you do a chargeback, your account will get blocked, be sure to transfer away before you chargeback, but anyway, you should try to resolve this with their support system (i've always used their ticket system and after a few days, i finished having all issues solved)

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you elmister

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IT Web Team said:
yes, their support will probably solve the issues, but does your time (and phone bill) worth all this?
will you want to go through all this again?:)

Nope!

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At DNF and elsewhere, it is the same theme. Registerfly cheated me.

Everyone has been warned for months and months. However, some people just can't
resist a deal.

What did you save since you will have nothing but grief trying to straighten out
the incorrect charges.

Plus, wait til you try to move those domains. I'm sure they will make it difficult.

Why do I say that? Because, they are losing almost 45% on everyone you purchased.

They are only offering this special so they can say they have "so many" domains
under their registrar credential.

I'm sure part of the strategy is because they will want to go public within 24 months.
Or, be purchased by a public company.

And, they need a positive "claim to fame".

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I just sent another email to Registerfly support and it came back within 5 minutes. They have reactivated my account and all domains are in there just fine. I notice the sale is over and will take place again next week. Maybe their support is turning around :)

Maybe I was registering too many for their sale and they disabled me until it was over. LOL

I registered about 1,000 out of the 20,000 they had on their site.

actnow said:
At DNF and elsewhere, it is the same theme. Registerfly cheated me.

Everyone has been warned for months and months. However, some people just can't
resist a deal.

What did you save since you will have nothing but grief trying to straighten out
the incorrect charges.

Plus, wait til you try to move those domains. I'm sure they will make it difficult.

Why do I say that? Because, they are losing almost 45% on everyone you purchased.

They are only offering this special so they can say they have "so many" domains
under their registrar credential.

I'm sure part of the strategy is because they will want to go public within 24 months.
Or, be purchased by a public company.

And, they need a positive "claim to fame".

I am sure they are as this is a more cost effective method than paying millions on advertising. This way they are guaranteed the number of domains to increase. No shame in that.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my troubles. :thumb: Minor script errors were well worth the several thousands in savings to me.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm happy for you too NameMogul.com. I also saved several thousands. I just wished they would have added several more servers to handle the load of all the orders. It took me 4-5 hours today to register my names from all the timeouts I was receiving. They are holding another sale next week so we will try and pick up another thousand or two names then. It gives us a little more time to do some research.

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
I'm happy for you too NameMogul.com. I also saved several thousands. I just wished they would have added several more servers to handle the load of all the orders. It took me 4-5 hours today to register my names from all the timeouts I was receiving. They are holding another sale next week so we will try and pick up another thousand or two names then. It gives us a little more time to do some research.

Yup.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have outstanding issue with registerfly, being my domain name registered from april 2005 - april 2007, they saying it was expired april 2006. I sent my receipt but no feedback with their support. VERY DISSPOINTING ...

Now I have to renew the domain name, the only solution from their end. Despite I have the receipt from last year.

Well, I personally moving out my domains from them.

Very poor service and customer support.
Em

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Two problems we will experience because of this info special at Registerfly.

We will see a lot of "for sale" threads for .info domains starting tomorrow.
Priced at $ 100. each for domains that they purchased one day
before for $ 0.60.

June, 2007, I will have to dig thru the info drop list containing 10,000 .info domains each day.

:laugh:

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Instead of doing good advertising like .tv, they are killing .info extension.

.TV is too expensive, great to hold it for future investment. Knowing that there is a company that market them very actively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom