Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Registerfly.com - Review this Registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNForum-News

Level 5
Reaction score
Founded in 2000
ICANN Accredited
100% Debt Free
Support Centers staffed 24/7/365
Customers in all 50 states and 120 Countries
Over 700,000 paying customers
300,000 + sites hosted on our Flyservers.com
Over 1 million names under management

Domain Days 2024

kholladay

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's the good in offering dozens of services if you can't deliver on even the most basic? I have been using Registerfly since they were resellers for enom and back then they were great. Since they began their transfer to becoming an independent registrar I have had nothing but nightmare support.

They lost one of my domains during a renewal process between 2/14/2006 and 2/28/2006 and during this time I got no traffic and no email losing me business.

I am now having DNS issues and despite 3 online requests and 3 phone calls they can not seem to correct it. Not only that they close your online tickets without resolution (specifically stating I didn’t provide enough information…I gave them the domain name the host name (www, ftp, mail, smtp) the record type (A and MX) and the IP addresses for each record, what else could they possibly need!). So now once again I am losing email and web traffic on 6 domains.

I have requested a transfer to a new registrar but Registerfly doesn’t even appear to understand their part in the transfer process stating that the process is up to the new registrar and don’t understand that after the new registrar has accepted the request and sent it over to them they must release the domain.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They would not suck as much as they do if they had their game together, i.e. all options working, support having a clue about things like what's URL forwarding or what's a domain and so on.

But it's not happening.

Although their interface at first glance looks all nice and shiny it's all messed up - especially things like DNS settings etc don't work properly and partially even contradict themselves, and don't get me started if you expect it to work in combination with the "free" hosting plan that comes with each domain.

And for heaven's sake don't expect customer support to have *any* knowledge about what's going on - and i mean any.

Their customer support must be the worst that has ever seen the light of this world.Literally.I wonder if it's just that they are poorly instructed or if in contrary it's they *are* instructed to act the way they do on purpose.

No knowledge about the most basic things in domains, politeness is foreign language there and lots and lots of incredibly ignorant "support ticket" responses that never answer what you actually inquired about.

The only comparable customer support that comes to mind in it's equalness of ignorance might be Paypal.

Yeah, this kind of evilness it really is.

In a nutshell: Avoid them at all expenses.

I for sure will transfer out all my names there - if they let me.

Being the ignorants they are, i truly expect the transfer out to be a big hassle.

Anything else would be "below" their "standards".

Btw - if you wanna read about my latest adventure with them, go here:

http://www.dnforum.com/thread166843.html

Have fun.

elmister

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
domains dissapearing for your control panel, and if you want to recover them, you'll have to guess which domain has dissapeared (not easy when you have a hundred domains)

their renewal system is nearly a scam, i'm ordering a renewal, not a transfer, when you do a transfer, you can't transfer again in 2 months, what if i want to renew, and after renewing, transfer away? simply, you can't, because the renewal was in fact a transfer.

By the way, when they started to transfer domains, they did it without confirming the identify, it was so easy to steal a domain in RF, luckily they fixed it (i hope, in fact, i transfered away everything that was gonna expire)

2 of my customers had their registerfly compromised, someone using different ip addresses from usa, but their user-agent being russian logged in their accounts. Maybe someone stole registerfly database? Those customers have no relationship. How many RF customers got their accounts compromised and didn't notice?

Customer support? it's run by 10 years old boys that answer you with pre-written answers, some times, the answer has nothing to do with the question, and you have to open a new ticket again.
If you tell them that domain XYZT.COM has dissapeared from your account, i think you'll get that domain in your account, once they added a domain that's not mine, because i made a mistake when writing the ticket, don't worry, it's fixed, i haven't stole a domain name, but i'm afraid of how easy could it be!!!

Recommendation: Stay away, or take the offer to transfer for 3.75$ to get a renewal, and after 2 months, transfer away, you'll save a few bucks, and you'll make those incompetents lose a few bucks

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
elmister said:
..some times, the answer has nothing to do with the question

Sometimes ? It *never* has anything to do with your initial question.

Their answers are so prefabricated and full of ignorance it's ridiculous.

I will probably open a site just for all these ridiculous RF support ticket answers if i find the time.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The worst... I still have many domains missing from my account and they haven't restored them. The whois always shows their name as the owner of the domains regardless many phone calls, email and live support conversations. Worst yet, I original promise by the representative that if the transfer didn't go through for any reason, they will credit back my credit card. So I didn't click on the transfer request. Guess what, half of the names transferred anyway... and they hostage the rest of the money and not willing to give back. Not to mention the person I spoke to is very inpolite. The worst of all...

Unless you are looking for cheapest and unsafe registrar, be smart, stay away!!

Nacho

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
couldn't agree more. These folks are flat out thefts. Recently renewed two domains with them, they than said that one of the names was in redemption, and that, to get it out, i had to pay another couple hundred dollars. that is after they actually charged my credit card for the renewal. if anyone is interested in pursuing these folks more agressively with the better business bureau, ICANN and/or other suggestions on how to bring these folks to justice, i hope can be explored more by us, here in this thread. also feel free to pm me, if you would like.

index

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They've never solved my probelms either. I lost 9 domains with them in the renewal process. They pretended that they did everything and that it wasn't their fault. After that they just closed my support tickets. I'm not gonna do the business with them - NEVER again!

S

sandossu

Me and my friends had dozens of problems with them and the support staff says nothings than "please, be patient". And i was, a week, two, but two months passed and my domains are still gone.
I think if i was from US and had enough money i would have sued them.

I will go with godaddy from now, they are much much better

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just venting anger ....

REGFLY SUCK. They are absolute W*NKERS ....

Their site sucks
they suck
Support does not suck ( its non existant .... )

Thanks
i feel better .... Fuc**** wan**** !

PS : they consistenly charge for servises they are not providing ... and they loose domains !!!

LUISGUSTAVONY

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
registerfly.com (icann acredited) looks like icann means nothing anymore.
icann will be responsible for scams &frauds made by registerfly.
i'm part of a lawsuit wich involved registerfly&icann.
will see what"s gonna happing???

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's quite simple registerfly are scum.
they are also thieves, as they 'register' names, take the money, the names are not registered & support (if you get any reply) lie to you & you don't get your money back.
in short the worst registrar in the world & they deserve everything coming their way.
they could have been so successful, yet they threw it all away.
good riddance.
i & every member on here who has used them hates them with a passion.
Pred :upset:

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
STAY AWAY from registerfly at all costs. Normally I would not do business with this company. However, some of the names I bought on the forum happened to be there. Before buying ANY domain I would ask the seller where the domain is located. If it's with registerfly DO NOT BUY FROM SELLER. It's like throwing away your money because your chances of losing the domain are quite high. Registerfly will find a way to take your money with no return, steal your domain, not allow you to renew it, or force you to transfer it to their registrar. Technical support does not exist for this company. This company is a completed joke. Enom should be partially to blame for allowing them to be a reseller in the first place.

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just for giving everybody advice i have never bought any domain from RegisterFlies. Please avoid there are plenty more.

netfounder

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I only registed one DN last year.
some friends told me some bad stories about registfly.
so I give up RY too.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well looks like I am going to lose domain number 4 this year at registerfly.
The thing that sucks is that they charged my card for renewals as they were on autorenew and I thought they were renewed. Since I only have 4 stragglers there I wasnt in my account pretty much ever.
So lose 3 and then last month go to renew the last one but it is not with them it is with their enom reseller account.
Try to renew and pay the $8.99 to renew even though they stole my other $$ I wanted to keep the name. Says it will be renewed but will take a little longer due to the fact that they need transfer it in from enom or something like that.
No dice still not renewed. Called enom called RF emailed RF etc etc. and just paid again but $12.99 to renew since it is now expired.

Anyway now it's time to notify icann as if they dont already know as well as the AG and whoever else I need to CC.

All this for a 3 letter .biz I should ahve just cut my loses and let it expire.

BizBot

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Notice regarding your RegisterFly account

This is a formal notice to owners of domains which have been registered through eNom via its reseller, RegisterFly.com.

YOU MUST TAKE ACTION NOW TO RETAIN FULL MANAGEMENT RIGHTS TO YOUR DOMAIN NAME.

Although you purchased your name at RegisterFly, eNom is the actual registrar of record for your domains. As we are severing our relationship with RegisterFly, we are aware that this may have an impact on you as the domain owner. Therefore we would like to offer this opportunity to assist you in securing control of your domain name directly with eNom.

Over the last year, eNom has become aware of an increasing number of complaints from dissatisfied RegisterFly customers.

As an eNom reseller, RegisterFly is contractually bound to adhere to certain standards of customer service in a speedy and diligent manner. Therefore, effective immediately, we have terminated RegisterFly as a reseller of domain names through eNom.

HOW TO SECURE CONTROL OF YOUR DOMAIN NAMES

Create a free account at eNom using the link below. Your domain names will automatically be moved to the eNom control panel where you will immediately have the ability to manage your domain(s).
In addition, these domains will receive a discounted renewal rate.

There is no charge for this service, as eNom is already the registrar of record for your domains. Please reference our list of frequently asked questions page

http://www.enom.com/migrate/faq.asp for additional information.

We look forward to helping you feel more secure about your domain management.

eNom, Inc.
http://www.eNom.com
former registrar for RegisterFly.com

P.S.: IMPORTANT! If no action is taken, you may no longer be able to renew your domain name or manage it in 30 days.
The domain name will remain registered in your name at eNom until it expires. Please take action immediately. Thank you.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Of course when I tried to migrate my domain names to eNom I got an error message to call their customer service!!!

Daniel Domainer

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Of course when I tried to migrate my domain names to eNom I got an error message to call their customer service!!!
I understand if you have more than a certain number of domain names, eNom is doing this as an added layer of protection to make sure they get migrated to the proper owner.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They suck... they keep deducting money from my account but none of my domains ever got successfully renewed. They steal your domains too... worst customer support... the list goes on and on...

One domain says it all.. ever wonder why registerflysucks.com is actually registered by someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom