Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Registerfly.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know it's a horse beaten to death but still i need to say again how ignorant, incompetent and completely useless their customer support is.

I have a little site hosted on flyservers.com for one of my domains that are with registerfly.com.Now, all i wanted was put in the friggin flyservers nameservers so my site will appear properly.

You'd think easy task - not with registerfly.

In a nutshell - it didn't work as apparently the dns servers are different from the ones shown on flyservers support page.

Called up customer support, talked to support chat - no one there has any knowledge about things like DNS etc, not even a bit.

At a point, they told me i had put in the DNS incorrectly but they would have fixed it for me.

Thanks, but what do i see - all they did was using the URL forwarding option although i had told them thats not what i want.

Called up again, support tells me "URL forwarding is the only way to point your domain to your site".

I tell them, no it's not - why would the DNS options be there at all if that was the case ?

Guess what - customer support hangs up.

Read that again - customer support *HANGS UP* !!

No, i didn't shout at them, didn't call them names or anything although at one time i was waiting 24 minutes on the phone for the support agent to come back at me as she was just going to talk to the tech department "quickly" and therefore i indeed felt like shouting but didnt.

Now i have issued a very detailed "support ticket" - honestly i'm expecting a standard reply or something like "we have solved the issue by forwarding your domain" or crap like that.

Geez - i can really say i wish i was friends with unifiednames CEO or something and had the power to kick some support staff out of their job.

I rarely say stuff like that but i'm sooo convinced registerfly.com support deserves to all lose their jobs and be on welfare.

ARRRGH !

:)

--------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

I don't believe it.

Here's the response to my very detailed suppot ticket that i sent them (which expicitly said i don't want URL forwarding but use the flyservers nameservers instead):

"Hi Frank

This has been corrected. Your domain is now under URL framing.

Thank you

Sam Alverez
Registerfly.com INC
ICANN Accredited Registrar"

This is ridiculous - i am telling them i don't want URL forwarding and they tell me they solved it by URL framing ?!?

I want to kick their butts so much.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
UPDATE 2:

Ok now they have told me on the phone and in writing through the support ticket system that URL forwarding is the only option since a while.

They sure do advertise it differently:

http://flyservers.registerfly.com/

Look at "What is included" , right section where it says:

"Use our nameservers to retain yourdomain.com (no forwarding required!) "

Also here on the how-to support page:

http://flyservers.registerfly.com/support/index.php

Look at "DNS" (almost bottom of the page) where instruction is given how to use their nameservers and how to put the ip addresses for A records.

So i consider that to be misleading advertisement / bordering to fraud as they don't deliver what i paid for.

Besides from transferring my names out soon i will make a complaint at ICANN and BBB.

These guys deserve a slap.

ponce007

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just bought a bunch of those cheap .info domains at Registerfly.
First of all, the domains I purchased don't show up when I log in. I mentioned this to the customer service and they told me that's because I registered them just an hour ago.
"OK no problem", I said.

2 days later I still saw no domains. Remember my credit card had been charged already.

Now 4 days later...ie yesterday..I cannot log in. The reason:
"There seems to be some fraud domains etc.........blah..blah"
I have no clue what "fraud domains" are.

I was told to email some [email protected] immediately within 24 hours. So I emailed her that very moment.
It's been over 24 hours and no reply yet.

I am on hold over the phone with 'music playing and a voice that says "you have 2 mins for your call to be answered by a customer service rep...."'. It's been over 15 min. Still no one on the phone.

Registerfly is very frustrating.

I haven't even gone to the NameServers part yet.

Namebrander

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
im all too aware of the issues you list !!!!!!!
the final insult for me with regfly was having 3 domains simply vanish from my ac many months before expiration !!!!!!!!!!!!!

rfly are UNREAL

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hear your pain... I don't even need to finish reading your message.... Registerfly is a really bad registar. I have a few good domains which mysteriously disappeared from my account. The support will not restore them unless you told them which one is missing. And worst yet, they blame the problem on me saying that I am supposed to know what domains I own. I am sorry to tell them that I don't have enough brain power to remember 1300+ domains in my portfolio... :p

Nacho

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i only write, so that maybe i can calm down from my experience today with registerfly.com. basically i recently renewed two "just expired" domains. i won't go into the endless conversations, emails, live chat, etc, it took just to have the names moved from expired to renewed, in my account, even after i had paid for the the renewals. today i look in my account and one of the names is gone. after a couple hours and a few blown blood vessels, they tell me my name is in redemption and that its going to cost an additional $209 dollars to get the name back. might there be something else going on here besides really bad customer service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom