Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Registerfly - more woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonTucci

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has posted here that RegisterFly's own SSL certificate expired a few days ago. With security on my primary computer, I am not able to even log into my account because of this.

Anyways I have some domains expiring and finally gave in and logged in there from another computer. Nice to give credit card information without SSL!!

After renewing one of the domains, I get an email from Regfly saying that the renewal failed. Why? No reason is given. My credit card has been charged. It's not an Enom registration.

Yup, I know - transfer everything out asap. Or at least TRY to given the way things are there.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has posted here that RegisterFly's own SSL certificate expired a few days ago. With security on my primary computer, I am not able to even log into my account because of this.

Anyways I have some domains expiring and finally gave in and logged in there from another computer. Nice to give credit card information without SSL!!
Actually this was mentioned in other threads.
But SSL will only protect communication between your browser and their sites. Rumor has it that their database was hacked a while ago.
Anyway I don't trust their record-keeping and the SSL issue is minor in light of their lousy way of doing business.
After renewing one of the domains, I get an email from Regfly saying that the renewal failed. Why? No reason is given. My credit card has been charged. It's not an Enom registration.

Yup, I know - transfer everything out asap. Or at least TRY to given the way things are there.
If you still can, try to transfer your name and run away fast. Never turn back. Good luck.

SharonTucci

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just an update - after not hearing back on the two support tickets, I called them today since the charge definitely IS on my credit card (it was converted from authorization to an actual charge). The recording said it was around a 30 minute wait but someone answered right away. Anyways, I was told that they are having technical issues - the domain name was taken down and I was told it would be renewed as soon as the issues were resolved. I asked for a time estimate and he said they were doing everything they could. =sigh=

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom