Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Registerfly phone# needed - urgent !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is the problem:

When trying to login to my account at RF, this shows up:

"Because you have processed a chargeback or multiple chargebacks, you have lost all rights to your account. As it states in our terms of service, \"chargebacks will void your registerfly.com account\". You can clear up this matter by paying all fees due. The total amount due is $430 for 6 charges to a card in 2002 (last 4 digits 7101) unless you can proove that all of the domain names were paid for. This is not the first time that this has happened."

This absolutely ridiculous.A chargeback has never happened.Does anyone have a working phone# for registerfly ?

Would be appreciated.

Thanks

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beatz , Give me your name and at least one domain you own,

I dont have a number but I'll try and reach Tim S.

How many names you have at regfly ?

Do you think someone got a hold of your Credit Card ! I would calthem..
It's sunday night ..not going to be easy to catch anyone at regfly but I'l check for you..

Are you able tologin in at all ?

have you ever done a charge back at enomor regfly ?

Dan

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bidawinner said:
Beatz , Give me your name and at least one domain you own,

I dont have a number but I'll try and reach Tim S.

How many names you have at regfly ?

Do you think someone got a hold of your Credit Card ! I would calthem..
It's sunday night ..not going to be easy to catch anyone at regfly but I'l check for you..

Are you able tologin in at all ?

have you ever done a charge back at enom regfly ?

Dan

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just seen that..2002 !

6 charges..$30..thats 71 per domain ?

That does not equate ,did you use expirefish by any chance ? or any other service and cancel ?

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cool and thanx for the fast responses guys - and naww, didn't use expirefish.

I have only 2 domains left in this account, but they were paid in full just as any other domains i had there and they are of importance to me so i hope i can solve this quickly.

Thanks again, it's very much appreciated

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dan,

so far (at least to my knowledge) the story is just what i wrote in my initial post:

Tried to login to my account today and received the message posted above.Didn't receive any prior or post warning/email/notification/explanation whatsoever.

This is unbelievable.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
beatz said:
Dan,

so far (at least to my knowledge) the story is just what i wrote in my initial post:

Tried to login to my account today and received the message posted above.Didn't receive any prior or post warning/email/notification/explanation whatsoever.

This is unbelievable.

You said you had a issue a long time ago with them but you thought you had cleared it up..a long time ago like 2002..just looks like an old old issue is coming back to bite ..

Nothing you cant clear up with a phone call.. I was thinking you had a couple hundred names in regfly ,that they turned off your DNS etc..or that someone had gotten a hold of your card...reged a bunch of names..movedthe names then did a charge back..

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well it's not like i *thought* i had cleared it up - it *was* cleared up and it was not about $430 or anywhere in that region but for 1 name if i recall right - anyway that issue had been solved the very same day.So there is no old issue really.

And yes, i once had like 70 names there but luckily transferred them away exept for those 2 names left..who knows, maybe they're pi*** that i don't use them as my main registrar anymore and moved away all my names and that's why ?

I have no clue but will hopefully have tomorrow after i called them.

Will keep you updated and thanks again for the help :)

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beatz here is the problem.. If you did indeed doa chargeback and it is NOT cleared up then this is the agreement that you must abide by as a regfly customer..

In the event of a charge back by a credit card company (or similar action by another payment provider allowed by us) in connection with the payments of the registration fee for your domain name registration, you agree and acknowledge that the domain name registration shall be transferred to Registerfly.com as the paying entity for that registration to the registry. We will reinstate your domain name registration solely at our discretion, and subject to our receipt of the initial registration or renewal fee and our then-current reinstatement fee, currently set at $250 USD. You will be notified via an email message or via your account information when renewal fees are due. Should these fees go unpaid within the time specified in a second notice or reminder regarding renewal, your registration will be cancelled. Payment must be made by credit card or such other method as we may indicate in the registration application or renewal form. We will renew your name for you provided your credit card or other billing information is available and up to date, unless you instruct us otherwise within the time specified. If your billing information is not accurate and you wish to renew your domain name registration, we will contact you to update this information and charge you accordingly.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To put this in perespective...I used a cell phone company a couple years ago and didnt make the last payment (after there service kept breaking up all overtown) ...because I broke the fine print they taked on another $200 (it was in the fine print)!

That little debt followed me everywhere..I finally came to agreement that I would pay themth elast payment a the pro-rate .. 1 more month.

These agreements arent anything new..they are on damn near anything you sign any more..

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And before anyone claimsthat this is just Regfly BS.. keep in mind they are only following their parent.. ENOM..

In the event of a charge back by a credit card company (or similar action by another payment provider allowed by us) in connection with your payment of fees for any services, you agree and acknowledge that eNom may suspend access to any and all accounts you have with eNom and that all right, title, interest in, and use of any domain name registration(s) and/or websites, email, or other data hosted on eNom systems shall be assumed by eNom. We will reinstate your rights solely at our discretion, and subject to our receipt of the unpaid fee(s) and our then-current reinstatement fee, currently set at US$200. For more information, please click here. Charges for services may be identified on your credit card statement as "Domain Name Registration" or under a similar moniker.

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmmm.... I saw someone on another board that had a problem like this with registerfly. I think not allowing chargebacks is against the companies merchant agreements, and the NY attorny general sued amex/paypal because they tried to deny the right to charge backs. I think that this contract clause may not be legit.

a2zofb2b

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beatz,

I had similar situation in 2002. I had tried to register the .info & the .biz domains during sunrise period and they charged my credit card inspite of not registering these domains for me ( I think it was $71.xx for 2 year registration per domain)

I didn't use chargeback instead opened a support ticket and asked them to credit my registerfly account and they obliged after I told them about the bug in their system.

beatz said:
This is the problem:

When trying to login to my account at RF, this shows up:

"Because you have processed a chargeback or multiple chargebacks, you have lost all rights to your account. As it states in our terms of service, \"chargebacks will void your registerfly.com account\". You can clear up this matter by paying all fees due. The total amount due is $430 for 6 charges to a card in 2002 (last 4 digits 7101) unless you can proove that all of the domain names were paid for. This is not the first time that this has happened."

This absolutely ridiculous.A chargeback has never happened.Does anyone have a working phone# for registerfly ?

Would be appreciated.

Thanks

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Apparently that's exactly what has happened - just that in this case it was .cn domains.

So in fact yes, there was a chargeback indeed but it was in agreement with Tim Shor (after a lenghty back and forth) because they charged the cc for .cn domains that didn't get through but first kept the money and said the domains would be registered later - without any notice on the site about that this would be the procedure and of course without me having agreed to them keeping the money for a "later registration"

So actually it is an issue that was solved long ago.

I'll keep you updated.
a2zofb2b said:
Beatz,

I had similar situation in 2002. I had tried to register the .info & the .biz domains during sunrise period and they charged my credit card inspite of not registering these domains for me ( I think it was $71.xx for 2 year registration per domain)

I didn't use chargeback instead opened a support ticket and asked them to credit my registerfly account and they obliged after I told them about the bug in their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom