Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

registerfly transfer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got pushed a domain at registerfly and so I had to create an account there. The domain is expiring soon enough so I started the transfer process to godaddy. Well I keep on getting this "REGISTRAR-LOCK" error on the transfer. And YES I did unlock the domain before attempting. I have also gotten on the registerfly live chat too. They actually asked for my account password! VERY BAD...I didnt bother to give it. I started a trouble ticket instead...They took about an hour but I got a response saying my account is not unlocked. So I attempt again..REGISTRAR-LOCK AGAIN! So I hop on live chat again and this time the person helps me without asking for my account password and he says that he just made the change...so this morning I try again. REGISTRAR-LOCK!!! Woo Hooo....

I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this? Not sure what I should do. I guess I will have to call and bitch someone out. Personally I am VERY unhappy to have my domain hijacked like this. I will NOT be buying any domains from someone who wont transfer them away from registerfly.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a few domains at registerfly. Initially, they were ok.

But, 6 - 9 months ago. I started taking them out of there.

It is extremely difficult. You just have to keep trying.
And, I was trying to transfer them to Enom. Which is their registrar!

Since, their renewal is not bad when they offer a special.
I renewed them so I don't lose them.

Just keep trying.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Labrocca , I just called regfly on another issue and also asked about the situation you are having.. I spoke with a Sandra , she says she can unlock it if you are having trouble.

BTW..the phone was answered on the 2nd ring

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well what really is upsetting is that I have been told 4 times now that the site is unlocked. When I log in to the site its labelled as unlocked.

If I was told there was a delay for 48 hours upon an unlock or something similar then fine. But they tell me its not locked when it appears to still be. I am glad I started early on this because the domain has about 40 days left so I assume I have time to bitch and moan to get the site transfered.

I guess I will have to advise others to beware of RegisterFly which is sad because I was only switching for cheaper service and to consolidate. If this went smooth I would not have a problem accepting another registerfly push but because of this I wont buy anything thats in their hands.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's a Idea.. go dial the number

labrocca said:
Well what really is upsetting is that I have been told 4 times now that the site is unlocked. When I log in to the site its labelled as unlocked.

If I was told there was a delay for 48 hours upon an unlock or something similar then fine. But they tell me its not locked when it appears to still be. I am glad I started early on this because the domain has about 40 days left so I assume I have time to bitch and moan to get the site transfered.

I guess I will have to advise others to beware of RegisterFly which is sad because I was only switching for cheaper service and to consolidate. If this went smooth I would not have a problem accepting another registerfly push but because of this I wont buy anything thats in their hands.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom has a fairly new policy of allowing only 1 push of the name every 7 days. At least that's what they tell me. Since Registerfly is an enom reseller, that may be the problem. I wouldn't expect Registerfly to know about it though, they don't seem to know much. Also, if it's a name that requires an auth code to transfer, sometimes Regfly does not update their auth code lists when enom changes them. Then it may take you 2 months to convince them as it has done me in the past. Just count it as experience and avoid Regfly from now on.
Doc

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While I respect Stocs opinion I have to strongly disagree , I had an issue today also with regfly , a name I sold to someone else they transfered out..a few months now.The name still shows in my account (although I cannot make any changes) Who -iS clearly shows I am no lonerthe owner ,the new owner has it pointing to another domain etc. so it's all fine except it "looks" lie it is stil in my account.

So after reading Labs issued I figured I would test their new support telephone number and see if I coulnt help himand take care of my little issue.

I got support on the second ring..after I described the problem the Sandra simply went in and deleted it for me .

Described Labs issue and she said it's simply a issue of unlocking the name and if he cant do it to call and she would do it for him.

So support is clearly much better than it has been inthe past.

I was also curious as to why he was having so much trouble unlocking his name and went looking arond my account and realized their is in effect 2 layers of security it appears.. you have one main switch that turns on or off locking to all domains in your account ..THEN you can go to each indiviual domain and unlock or lock it..

Still playing with it trying to duplicate Lads issue.. but I am assuming it isnt even a glitch but rather a 2 part lock/unlock that is confusing..i

anyone else ?

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I ended up asking godaddy to refund me. I got some email with a special from regfly for $8 a year so I just added a year...I will try to transfer again but later next year. The domain was within 4 weeks of expiring. When I started it was about 40 days from expiring. While I never did make the call...I find it rather annoying having to do so. I did go to the live chat as well as create a trouble ticket. I was not told that unless I call that I cant transfer. I HATE having to call and wait and press 1 then 2 then 5. Also I am still under some trauma from the old network solution days when a phone call to them would be a 2-3 hour wait. I aint joking. Netsol was a nightmare to deal with on a transfer.

All in all I just guess I wont deal with them again. Not a big deal really. I dont expect all the registrars to be equal. So far I prefer godaddy. I am in the process of setting up my own reseller account anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom