Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Registerfly unsafe and incorrect data

Status
Not open for further replies.

sitehq

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you may already know this, but i just learned that all registerfly accounts may not be correct.

i had a name in my account showing renewed til 2007, until it showed up in a enom premium names auction.

even though i had registerfly on the phone , in my account, seeing the name showing a 2007 expire date with a different month april as opposed to feb, , they said that the whois data took priority over their data.

apparently when you renew with them, they are processing transfer to their own registrar (away from enom), but their system never tells you if the transfer went thru or not

they dont track your billing account either and refund the money on transfer that didnt go thru.

In your account, buried under, reports - is a item -- "refresh your account"
which you have to run to see your names real expiration dates and whether they truly are active.

when i ran it i found two more names that had expired.

i have also had namecheap say i needed to run this type of utility otherwise theri data isnt accurate.

My question to all is, isnt real time updated information on our names the only thing a registrar provides. If we have to "refresh" to get true data what are they really providing?

Domain Days 2024

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Always be careful of a registrar that offers domain names at prices that are lower than what it costs them to register.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sitehq said:
My question to all is, isnt real time updated information on our names the only thing a registrar provides. If we have to "refresh" to get true data what are they really providing?
Yeah it's a drag. And even when refreshed there can still be names listed that you no longer own, or with wrong data... :-/

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a name I am trying to get out of there. Hopefully, it will make it out safely.

sitehq

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it seems that the problems focus on those names they used to have at enom when they were a reseller. if its at the new registrar they own it may be ok.

sitehq

anton#1

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Almost any change you make to your domains with registerfly seems a problem.

Recently I transferred names from dotster to registerfly - registerfly's confirmation procedure gave problems.

Now, I have problems renewing a .co.uk name.

I've been with registerfly for years, always satisfied with their interface and options.

Best is to transfer domains out as they expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom