Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Registerfly

Status
Not open for further replies.

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
I also received an email from Registerfly saying they had a request from another registrar to transfer the name to them. To approve it I had to click a link. Going back it said to approve the transfer to Registerfly????? The name is at registerfly, why would I want to transfer it to them. I am still dumbfounded about what is going on and will post more once I figure this mess out.

As you renew your domains RF is also simultaneously consolidating them into their own system from their upstream providers. So when you renew a name that is actually registered elsewhere but managed through the RF system they also transfer the domain into RF from the upstream provider. So hence the transfer email...

The problem is that their renewal/transfer system isn't working. I have 9 names that I've been trying to renew since 04/14/2006 that aren't renewing/transferring. One of which is now expired and re-directing to their upstream providers parking system. And another domain is expiring tomorrow!

I've logged support requests and the answer is always similar, "We are looking into the problem...please be patient. Blah, Blah"

Domain summit 2024

schnitzeldorf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
I have to say something fishy is going on with one of my names there. I had submitted a transfer request on another register to have the name transferred from registerfly to the other registrar. The next night I logged into Registerfly and noticed there was a name that was expiring in two weeks. Not knowing it was the one I requested to transfer out, I renewed the name with my credit card. I emailed support with the issue and no response. Looked on my credit card and had the renewal fee. I also received an email from Registerfly saying they had a request from another registrar to transfer the name to them. To approve it I had to click a link. Going back it said to approve the transfer to Registerfly????? The name is at registerfly, why would I want to transfer it to them. I am still dumbfounded about what is going on and will post more once I figure this mess out.

Registerfly was a reseller for Enom so all your names are actually with Enom. However if you choose to renew your names with Registerfly, your names are transferred out of the safety of Enom and into the hands of Registerfly for another 60 days I believe before you can request a transfer out. So essentially, you're changing registrars from Enom to Registerfly.

I can tell you that Enom is well aware of all the problems with registerfly and have been receiving a lot of phone calls and emails regarding this. Enom has set up a program to take the names away from Registerfly with no charge because of the overwhelming complaints with Registerfly.

The biggest question I have is how in the heck can such an broken down website company become ICANN accredited. It's not like the problems with registerfly are minor and infrequent, they are constant and major. All our issues with registerfly are now duplicated.

My advice (which I believe to be good advice), is to get your names out of Registerfly and put them somewhere you have a little peace of mind. A place where you can easily renew with no issues and where you don't have to worry about Registerfly hacking up your account, credit cards, and your domain names.

totenmaske said:
As you renew your domains RF is also simultaneously consolidating them into their own system from their upstream providers. So when you renew a name that is actually registered elsewhere but managed through the RF system they also transfer the domain into RF from the upstream provider. So hence the transfer email...

The problem is that their renewal/transfer system isn't working. I have 9 names that I've been trying to renew since 04/14/2006 that aren't renewing/transferring. One of which is now expired and re-directing to their upstream providers parking system. And another domain is expiring tomorrow!

I've logged support requests and the answer is always similar, "We are looking into the problem...please be patient. Blah, Blah"

They've been looking into problems for years now...

People, Registerfly is NO GOOD.

elmister

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
schnitzeldorf said:
The biggest question I have is how in the heck can such an broken down website company become ICANN accredited. It's not like the problems with registerfly are minor and infrequent, they are constant and major. All our issues with registerfly are now duplicated.

I'm afraid that to become ICANN accredited you only need money, big money, but only money, and probably registerfly have money enough.

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom has set up a program to take the names away from Registerfly with no charge because of the overwhelming complaints with Registerfly.

If I email eNom can they tell me which of the RF names are actually regged with them?

elmister

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you can see which domains are registered with enom doing a port 43 whois, from shell type

whois domain.com

of check this way

http://whois.domaintools.com/domain.com

Look at "Registrar Data"
in the example, you'll see
ICANN Registrar: DSTR ACQUISITION PA I, LLC DBA DOMAINBANK.COM
Created: 30-Jun-1994
Expires: 07-Jan-2011

in this case, the registrar is DSTR Acquisition, check your domains this way

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The first and last time I tried registerfly I suspected a conspiracy.
It's not a conspiracy - just blatant incompetence.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Registerfly is enom's reseller? :sad2: :Question:

schnitzeldorf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Registerfly used to be Enom reseller. Talk to anyone at Enom and they are very familiar with registerfly and the unethical practices in the company. Enom wants or has anything to do with Registerfly. Call and ask. They've had many calls from harmed registerfly customers and for some, they've been able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators