Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Registering a Geo Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

krest

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am interested in investing in Geo domains and i read one blog online that talked about registering geo+keyword.com. What do you think about that?

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It depends on the Geo and Keyword.

ChicagoDentist.com is a great domain.

ProvoComputerRepairServices.com is not.

Brad

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And, unless you can get a great city name for cheap (you can't), it also pays to know your local market. there may be some undiscovered gems there. For instance, if your city or local area offers biking trails, you might want to pick up that geo+keyword (like the word bikes). Look at your own market and see what is big and popular and trendy. Trendy may have a short shelf life. But when it comes to certain niche businesses (like "locksmith") or activities (like "offroad" or "rock climbing" or "hiking") and you can create some mini-sites and link them all together, you may end up getting some inquiries into the domains from other businesses established in the area. I did sell one local Locksmith name for high XXX that I had only for about 2 months and never got around to setting up a site.

So, unless you have deep pockets you need to get creative. I tend to look at the local and regional level (an area that you are familiar with) and look at the voids and try to fill them.

krest

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It depends on the Geo and Keyword.

ChicagoDentist.com is a great domain.

ProvoComputerRepairServices.com is not.

Brad

What about ProvoDentist.com? I did a search for some cities US with the keyword attorney, i discover somewhere still available. Although they where small city with a population of 80,000 people.. Is that a good domain to buy?

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What about ProvoDentist.com? I did a search for some cities US with the keyword attorney, i discover somewhere still available. Although they where small city with a population of 80,000 people.. Is that a good domain to buy?

ProvoDentist.com is a good domain, but domains like that are never available to hand register.

A lot of the time it depends what a city has going on. A primary city with 100K people is normally a lot more valuable than most suburbs with 100K people.

Brad

krest

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ProvoDentist.com is a good domain, but domains like that are never available to hand register.

A lot of the time it depends what a city has going on. A primary city with 100K people is normally a lot more valuable than most suburbs with 100K people.

Brad

Thanks for the advice, most of them were actually suburbs. Will there still be able to sell? especially for keyword like attorney, lawyer

krest

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Geo+Properties.com
Geo+Apartments.com

Which is more valuable to a real estate end user

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom