Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Registering toll-free #'s? Market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JumpingJack

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here register toll-free #'s? I was recentely looking for one for a business, but didn't end up getting it. I was interested in getting one for my personal usage though. After searching around, I found a sweet one available for registration. It's got a total of eight 8's in it (eg. 1-888-88*-888*).

Anyone know what the resale value of toll-free #'s is? Is there even a market for them?

I can see it now... TFNForum.com :)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can you PM me that number?

I remember when I was getting a toll free number, I would submit a request on a "dropped" toll free number, but the reservation wasn't made until 24hrs+ later. By that time the phone number had been grabbed :-(

Fortunately I was able to acquire another that I am satisfied with.

As far as a market on resale alone? I would think it's limited. Good added service for a toll free provider however.

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do you get a toll free number? I've been looking in on how but I never found out how.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your phone company should be able to hook you up. When I had my business, I got mine free, it just forwarded to my main phone.

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use telcan.net which costs me around $10 a month.

bladex5k

Been Around the Block
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do most phone companies offer it for free? If not, about how much do they cost?

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of a free toll free number.

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Toll free numbers end up costing you. Better hope people don't abuse it.

JumpingJack

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll PM you the number after it's activated. It's definitely mine though as it went off the market right as soon as I registered it (the company reserved it for me immediately). Kall8 is great that way.

I don't know how the toll-free market is. My inclination is that most people (as this thread shows) have no idea or have never considered a toll-free number, nor do they realize how cheap it is. I think there would be a market for business around town to buy toll-free numbers when they realized they were only $10 a month and $0.06 a minute. And then, for a couple hundred bucks, they can have a super premium name. Nothing says prestige like a premium toll-free # in my opinion.

Steen said:
Can you PM me that number?

I remember when I was getting a toll free number, I would submit a request on a "dropped" toll free number, but the reservation wasn't made until 24hrs+ later. By that time the phone number had been grabbed :-(

Fortunately I was able to acquire another that I am satisfied with.

As far as a market on resale alone? I would think it's limited. Good added service for a toll free provider however.

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice. $0.06 is awesome. I actually saw an ad the other day for Kall8.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kall8 isn't that cheap. Primus Canada is $.06/minute - no monthly fee and free vanity searches/reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom