Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Registrar choices - cheap or not cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it worth it to use a $25 registrar? Or just go with $5 at Go Daddy?

Is it worth it to go with private registration services, or is that just a waste of money?

Just a rant from here down------

I am new to this, only have a few domains, and in the past week sold 1, gave away 6 and picked up 3 new ones.

Go Daddy is cheap, but for anything else they just suck. Stuff is broke, tools do not work, and they push hard add-ons. But I have still dealt with them because they are cheap. But adding on private registrations always irked me - $8 for a hidden name.

I picked up a dedicated server from 1and1 a few months back, and they offered free private registrations. So I gave them a shot and registered one domain with them last week and had no problems. I transferred a domain into them, and the person from here at DNForums PM'd me a word of warning. As I reread his PM today you could almost here the ghostly echo of :"You'll be sorry" in his remarks.

And after hours on the phone with a constant arrogant attitude from 1and1 staff - their system has a problem, so I should just not bother them to fix it. i should do a manual transaction. It is just quicker for me to do a manual transfer because they don't want to fix their system, or it will take too long, or they have no idea when it will be fixed.

I said the heck with this, put in the transfer to my Go Daddy account, and it was all done automatic.

With no hassles or BS.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No $25 registrar aint worth it just go for moniker only $6.95 (dnforum special) you will have to PM MonikerMan to set the special pricinf for you id u dont want moniker then godaddy is best and cheap for registration and 1and they just suck if its a server or domains or any other thing and no private registration aintworth it just use normal data So Summary is

Registrar : Moniker 1st , Godaddy 2nd dont try others
Server if u want use jaguar pc
while pivate registration who cares at least without private registration ucan show that the domains is yours lol

ThisDot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are definately pros and cons to all registrars high or low priced. The registrars that stand out in the bad category from my exp. and what I've heard are 1and1, APlus.net, and RegisterFly. That being said, I have been known to use these registrars at times due to price alone. I wouldn't consider transfering a valuable name to them, but to pick up some names very cheap they do have value, even if you occasionally lose a name. If any name starts getting valuable traffic, move it to a more stable registrar immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom