Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Registrar lost my domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherylK

Reaction score
In February this year I renewed my domain through my reseller provider who uses an external registrar. The renewal was a success and the domain remained in my list. However, on Sunday 8th April my site disappeared and started to redirect to an adult site.

After may conversations with the company I deal with I was told that on the day I renewed there was a technical issue at the registrar and they didn't see the domain as being renewed and without warning passed on my domain to an auction company (Go Daddy) who has since sold on this domain.

Since the 8th of April I have been in daily contact with my domain provider, emailed the registrar, raised a complaint with icann and contacted the new owner directly.

All the companies keep telling me they are waiting for information from one of the others. The new owner has offered to sell me the domain back for $9800 which is out of my reach. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to try and fight for my domain back since I was not at fault the renewal did not complete? I have invoices and proof of payment for the renewal.

Thanks in advance.

Domain summit 2024

minamorcose

Reaction score
oh i read it wrong it from February this bad the deal is mad it's hard to retrieve the domain back unless you negotiate with current owner although it will be hard because at least he would want the money he paid in auction back but what makes me wonder in all of this didn't you got any emails that your domain entered redemption period

Siful Moni

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The issue must between Reseller API and registrar. Your reseller company should pay this compensation for your loss.
I feel sad for this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators