Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Registrar "pushed" our "domain" related domains into their Corp Acct-What would u do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portfolio

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So what would you do if you found out your Registrar pushed your "domain" related domains from your account into their own corporate account?

Yes it really happened, and it doesn't stop there.

How about if they sold a domain for approx. $70,000 that was "LOCKED", didn't expire until 2016, and was not listed in any auction, and was not for sale.

Yes that also really happened. It doesn't stop there.

What would you do if your Registrar allowed an employee (or possibly fictitious employee) to change the "Registrant" on your domains to their personal name.

Yes that also happened.

This ALL happened at the same Registrar.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What Registrar?

fpforum

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please keep us posted Portfolio! When your attorney gives the okay please let us all know so we can be sure to keep our distance from whatever registrar is pulling that crap!

Portfolio

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Please keep us posted Portfolio! When your attorney gives the okay please let us all know so we can be sure to keep our distance from whatever registrar is pulling that crap!
I will make sure everyone finds out. Hopefully this post will stay active so when I am able to list the Registrar it isn't buried.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No, what sucks is the spam that you emailed. At least, have the balls to disclose the registrar and the domains, if you want to be taken seriously, Mr. [email protected]

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm always suspicious when the member's 1st post EVER is something like this, AND spam suddenly appears...

Portfolio

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Your name will be removed. Thanks for your input. And ALL but you will find out what Registrar.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your name will be removed. Thanks for your input. And ALL but you will find out what Registrar.

So you're threatening a SPAM attack on DNF members?

Who do you think you are, a Bido employee or something?

Portfolio

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
No. Not at all. I think you misunderstood.

Listen, once I confirm my lawyer doesn't have a problem with it. Which I doubt he will. I will be happy to provide his contact info. so an independent person from this forum can speak with him to verify. That does not mean he is going to tell you what Registrar - at least not now. But I will let him know he has my blessing to confirm this is real, as long as you agree to post that you confirmed.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Contact the FBI genius...

rmnarmenta

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alright, I realize I'm still new, but Acro, how did you deduce that Portfolio is responsible for SPAM? I am really curious how you picked up on that SOOOO fast. I am really impressed! Did you get some SPAM in you inbox? Seriously, you are like the fastest gun in the west. Marshall Acro. lol
Maybe it's because I'm still a small fish in this industry? Am I not seasoned enough to be on anyones "list". Are my domains still at a level of frivolousness?
Is it like a right of passage in the industry to know that you've achieved a certain level of importance once you begin receiving SPAM?
All jokes aside, I guess I should consider myself fortunate not to receive any yet. Well, I have received one or two lately, maybe my luck is taking a turn for the better, wait a minute, how is that again.
But really, Acro, I am curious how you did that so fast. Thanks for always keeping me on the edge of my seat.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's funny, because Mr. Honolulu - I don't know which volcanic rock you suddenly came out of.

Listen, my grass-skirt wearing friend. I watched Hawaii 5-0 as a kid. Ever heard of Steve McGarrett?

"But seriously" - here's the spam I got from this anonymous, Mr. "Class action lawsuit coming soon, but I won't reveal the registrar or the domains & feel free to join":

http://www.dnforum.com/f77/stupid-emails-you-got-thread-386167.html#post1780207

"But seriously", when it's obvious

I forgot to add a smilie. Damn it :D

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If is it who I think it is it is one of the larger domainers, not publicly known much but pretty active on Namejet/Snapnames

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Right. So the "Kevin Ham's" resort to spamming these days?

Listen, I don't care if he's right or wrong. What I care about is that he sent out an email anonymously to a bunch of people, alleging all this without having the testicles to say who he is, which is the Registrar and what domains were taken from his account. Whistle-blowing works when you do it to the authorities, not when trying to gather a lynch-mob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom