Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Registrars Appraisal Differences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor King

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been testing appraisal results for 100 of my domains. The domains are parked, no stats, no traffic. Lovely names though.

The registrars involved are Sedo, Premium Domains, Nameboy, Godaddy and Great Domains.

I understand each uses their own methodology to arrive at their suggested value. This has not been an easy task. Goes with the territory. No issues with what it takes to identify domain value.

What I found was difference of $$$$'s for NUMEROUS domain name values with domains that are just sitting there doing nothing! I'm aware of letting money lay on the table and am taking action! Even with different tools used how can so many domains price in at such HUGH $ differences? I'm talking $$$$'s. Not $$$'s or $$.

Premium Domains and Nameboy are planets apart with values.
Domains that qualified as Premium certification with Premium Domains were $$ with Nameboy. And Domains that were valued at $$$$ with Nameboy were trash with Premiun Domain value appraisals. Paid Sedo and Godaddy appraisals for the same parked name without traffic didn't come close in value. The domains don't have a website!

Should I simply MIX and MATCh, through out a number and wait for results?

Thank you for any advice Domain EXPERTS!

Thor

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
forget appraisals...

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't waste money on appraisals buddy, they are worthless - if you want to know the value of the domain in the reseller market, ask for an appraisal here in the forum and make your conclusion based on the reactions of the members. There is no point on speculating on the end user value of a name because nobody can estimate that. It is worth as much as the end user is willing to pay for it, and nobody can guess that. In the end user case, the only thing that is realistic is a range estimation( for example low $x,xxx , or mid $xx,xxx) , and members here can do that too.

Paid appraisals are a waste of money

JMO

Thor King

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks loads for your feedback. Am still waiting to hear from a Domainer
who uses appraisals from registrars, especially Premium Domain and Nameboy.

I don't want to be in a position that I even mention the domain was appraised by a specific registrar and look like an idiot (cheapens the domain) in someones mind if these registrars are reviewed as worthless as it seems from the last 2 posts.

Thanks again,

Thor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom