Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

registrars that email renewals even after transfers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hate registrars that email renewal notices even after you transferred the name away.

This bugs me and makes me work twice as hard to see if I lost my mind and left it there...

let's add a list of who does this and who to avoid....

stargateinc.com

-=DCG=-

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RegisterFly :mad:

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get quite a few of emails like that. Sometimes, the registrars are indeed to blame, but often it is simply a case of the current owners of the name never having bothered with changing the WHOIS info to their own, and thus I am still getting the renewel mails at my (WHOIS-listed) email address...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess Adam (DotComGod) meant registrars that keep sending renewal notices even when the domains have been transferred AWAY from them.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RegisterFly sucks..

M

mole

Dotster is certified culprit for this.

The other thing that bugs me real bad is when your transferred name is still in the Dotster CP as though you still have it there, same with Namescout.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RegisterFly, Dotster and Namescout are worse (in that order), especially Registerfly who sends out a virtual barrage of renewal notices even on names transferred away 8 mos ago. NetSol also does this on occasion. As far as Control Panels showing a name is reg'd and due for renewal Enom does that a lot with names long gone. As DCG said, that all causes lots of extra work checking the status.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe I have the all time record?
Transfered out 2 years ago, and still get renewal notices as if it is there, AND it shows up in the registrars account.
I tripled checked, and it isnt with them.
Who else? register.com

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got one from Godaddy on a name that had been sold and transferred months before

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get emails from dotster, even if I have transfered them away.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Registerfly is even worse when you consider that if you have auto-renewal enabled, they will charge you for names they don't have anymore.
Just yesterday, I had them whack me for 6 names they don't have. I logged in and removed auto renewal on all the names that are still there.
What a hassle...

Also, add to the list aplus.net - they barrage you with renewal notices for names they no longer have as well.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Galcomm
DIRECTNIC
GoDADDY
DOTSTER
NETONEDOMAINS
DOMAINBANK
DYNADOT
ENCIRCA
and probally many more - These are just some we have gotten this week on domains that were long gone - Steve

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy
RegisterFly

I also hate those emails showing that a domain name that you own is available in other extensions. Spam city.... errrr!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URLCollection said:
Galcomm
DIRECTNIC
GoDADDY
DOTSTER
NETONEDOMAINS
DOMAINBANK
DYNADOT
ENCIRCA
and probally many more - These are just some we have gotten this week on domains that were long gone - Steve

Yes indeed, others too. I get renewal notices on a regular basis on long gone names. often they are still shown as active in the control panels. Do you think they are just idiots or do they possibly do that by design for some odd reason?

It makes you wonder if these registrars are so unorganized or incompetant to the point they do not even realize the name was long ago transferred away how can any of them be relied on to keep your name safely managed without it being lost/stolen and various errors or management issues.

P.S. Registerfly is the worst and also heaviest renewal notice mailer I have ever seen.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about those "Domain Industry of America" mailings that come to your home or business! Just go one today for a name I owned 18 months ago. Man.... Save a Stamp!

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
freeparking.co.uk
namecheap.com on occasions.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URLCollection said:
Galcomm
DIRECTNIC
GoDADDY
DOTSTER
NETONEDOMAINS
DOMAINBANK
DYNADOT
ENCIRCA

Right, how can so many firms be so incompetant on this issue? I still get renewal notices all the time on long gone names, as long as 1 yr ago!

Regarding domainbank, did a search for Domainbank.net and found this post. Not too much said about them recently at the forum.

Been trying hard to transfer a name away from them for more than a month. Even though it's unlocked all transfer attempts are rejected. I thought of trying again tonight so went to check name status again but now their website is down after many tries. Anyone know why? Are they still in business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom