Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Rejesting offers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

_Yakov_

Approached one holder of a regular 3letter domain with the question "What's the price?"
Not a word or whatsoever, domain had no website on it, and got a reply:

No thank you. We have plans for it. The last offer we had for that domain was
over a hundred thousand dollars.

People declining 100k offers on virtualy worthless domains? Do I miss something?

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
or BS hoping to sucker a 100k offer.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd write back and say the name is worth $250 (or whatever) on the open market. If their plans fall through, you would be happy to take it off their hands for that price and to please keep you in mind.

99% chance you'll never hear from them, but at least you kept the door open and didn't insult their ego (too badly anyway). If they decide it ain't gonna happen, you may just get it down the road for your price.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have refused one 5 figure offer and couple of 4 figure offers for some of my names in the last 3 years and have no regrets about it . Depends on what you think would be the value of your name in future. My names are related to technologies which are still in growth phase and will mature in few years into multi billion $ industries.

In case of the three letter name you were interested in buying , I doubt if it got offer of $100 K unless it happens to be DNA.com , IBM.com , ABC.com , SEX.com or something like that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom