Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

RELIABLE, cheap hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap host (less than $10 per month would be nice) that has reasonable specs in terms of bandwidth and space. The main thing I am looking for a reliablitiy, I will be using this host for only one of my sites (a forum).

So if any of you are with a host who you wish to recommend, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Daniel

Domain Days 2024

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Check out Dathorn.com. They are pretty good. Very professional and reliable.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

GT You will find a lot of negative reviews about ace-host.net, but I really don't know why. I've used them for a year now, with no problems. They have very very reasonable bandwidth/space. Never had a problem with down-time or slowness. I host a forum on my plan, pm me if you want the URL to test speed etc.

Majnoon

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
check out http://www.globat.com i have used them for a year with no problems. You can even register for affilate first and then use your affilate link and get $60 back which would make it a bargain.

i think their basic one costs $7.95 and has the following spec

10,000 MB space
300GB Bandwidth

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmm, any more suggestions? I am always weary of hosts that offer dozens of GB of bandwidth per month for only $5...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
I am always weary of hosts that offer dozens of GB of bandwidth per month for only $5...
That's clever. Perhaps you should start looking for hosts that are closer to home (B.C., Canada), then if anything happens, you can knock on their door in the middle of the night. ;)

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bandwidth costs pennies this days, things are way different then they were 10 years ago....

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
bandwidth costs pennies this days, things are way different then they were 10 years ago....

So you believe that this may be reasonable:
$7.95
10,000 MB space
300GB Bandwidth

I'm sure you have more experience than I do...I just get nervous when I see such high numbers for low prices.

Majnoon

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well GT Web u can always use the 30 days money back guarantee if u are not happy. but i have been using them for a year with no problems at all.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember paying like $200 per month for WebCom back in 1996. But pricing is not just about bandwidth or web space costs. Many newbies leave out reliability and support when shopping for hosting, and learn it the hard and expensive way.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Being able to pay via Paypal would be nice as well...probably should have mentioned that earlier...

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would highly reccommend http://chronichosting.com. They have excellent tech support, reasonable prices, plus payment by paypal. I have been hosting with them for a year and have had no problems.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i've never used globat but i've promoted them via cj.com and have gotten paid a lot of $$$$ thanks to em over the years but back on topic... bandwidth..you have to find out whether it is 300gb/mo for both incoming/outgoing.....and how fast is the "uplink"

ie; some hosts will give you "300 gb/mo" but in small print; it is split..150gb incoming and 150gb outgoing. so, think about it -- how much content do u upload to ur server? 100 mb, ok 1 gig? over a period of 1 month.. so u have used 1 gig / 150gb of incoming bandwidth to your server. 150gb is left for your "host" to serve your visitors... not 300gb as one would think.

regarding the uplink speed, it might be capped at 50k, 100k... i dont know -- lots of hosts rip off people and prey on newbies.

do ur homework, ask questions....and at the end of the day, u do get what u pay for.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks nts for the suggestion and Mike for that info

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom