Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Reneging on a sale: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the last few days several members have brought up issues about members not honoring their word and reneging on the transaction or deals outside the forum where either the buyer or seller backout before the sale is completed.

I also had member offer to buy a domain recently. I agreed to the terms and after sending him pm, still no reply.
BTW, this would make the second member to backout on a transaction, after they made offer or agreed to a fixed or negotiated price!

Should I expose these members?

Do you think we need to have a section just for posting the names of members here, who back out on offers to buy or sale, without reasonable explanations?

I really don't believe in leaving "negative" TR for anyone, unless a transaction was completed and they did something "illegal" like paid with stolen CC or used a fraudulent Paypal account.

Do you think there should there be penalties levied by the forum, such as warning points for such actions or banning?

Just to let you know, personally I don't care if you don't want to buy my domains, even after I have accepted your offer.

In most cases I always feel like I underpriced the name anyway, after it's been sold.

Your feedback is appreciated!

Thanks

* Added note: This is just my opinion as a member and is not reflective of DNF or Staff

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...back out of one deal..back out of two...three you are gone. Like baseball. Really simple..and if it's a high $ amount deal, maybe an immediate penalty.

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This crap kills me. Happened to me once here and basically every other sale I have on SEDO. They need to be exposed. If there is not repercussion there is nothing to keep them from doing it again.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All members should be warned who those people are... I certainly don't want to deal with them...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...basically every other sale I have on SEDO.
That's about my batting average with sedo.

Whether they are a member or not, I seriously think we need to have a board posting for this.

From what I am seeing and hearing, this is ridiculous. Not to mention time consuming and costly...not from the point that they did not pay but the domain name is literally taken off the market!

I can not count the number of threads I am seeing about this very thing including the one I started last week.

Member or not, we need to know who, what, where, when and how much.

For me it was a $4200 sale, a $600 sale, $200, and $900 within the last two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom