Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Reply Letter Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been sent an inquiry regarding a domain name. The query is from Cogent Intellectual Property Consultants. This is an organization that manages and defends intellectual property rights for world-wide clients.

The person sending the query referenced my web site containing all 1300+ names, so they know I deal in names, and the name they want is not for my personal use only. A lot of my names resolve to a For Sale page on SEDO, this one does not, so it has not been shown as for sale so far.

They inquired about price. I would like to reply with a carefully worded response, something maybe including "In response to your unsolicited inquiry, etc. etc." The name in question is a generic 3 letter word, .us ccTLD.

I have seen some good reply messages listed here in the past, It appears this query will have to be handled carefully to avoid possiible TM issues, and work out an acceptable selling price.

HOWARD

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many of us attorneys that are in theis business will field the request for you and negotiate a price with no fee attached, but rather a commission on the sale on a sliding scale depending upon the price obtained.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"The query is from Cogent Intellectual Property Consultants. This is an organization that manages and defends intellectual property rights for world-wide clients."

Is that what you know about them, or is that what they say about themselves?

Google - "Your search - "Cogent Intellectual Property Consultants" - did not match any documents. "

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
John: See http://www.cogentipc.se/

It's #1 in Google for "cogent intellectual" (without the quotes). :)

I wonder if it's only a coincidence that "Ya Swedish Girl" recently joined DNForum??!!?? d:)

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I copied this some time ago from a thread here
Can't remember the author

I am a web developer and registered this name for an upcoming development
project related to world population.
It is pretty far down my list of projects right now,
so I suppose if you would like to make an offer,
the least I could do is seriously consider it.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNS, I think you are doing a wise thing. Because, you might be getting setup to become one of their case studies.

Congent is trying to build a business based on global companies lack of due dilegence on their trademarks.

Thank you for bring them onto my radar.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actnow: Nahhh, I doubt it (but one can never be completely sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom