Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Require Registrar & Exp Date in Listings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hate to overburden the auction with an endless list of rules, but could we have one requiring the seller to list where the name is registered and when it expires? This is very important to me when deciding whether to bid on a name or not (especially ones of only marginal interest). I don't have time to look up every auction in the WhoIS to find out the answers to those questions.

Upvote 0

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Agree. :D
Also, as you may note in MY auctions ... where there is usually a "pull" (to the buyer's account/Registrar), to let folks (potential buyer's) know that there MAY also be a one-year renewal fee (adding an ADDITIONAL year) assessed on the transfer IN by THEIR Registrar.
ALL of my transactions, to date, have been "smooth as silk", but I'm very careful to note this caveat into the wording/description/listing in the Auctions. I imagine it's already pretty well understood, generally ... but worth noting here insofar as posted "expiration dates/registrars".
Thanks.

K

kingdon

I read in another thread about gregr having everyone get an enom account who wants to be a part of the auction. Why don't we make it mandatory for all members to have an enom account, just to be a member, part of the sign up when they register here.

I mean that's what we're supposed to be, domain resellers, I'm sure the guys at enom would love to help, and it would make gregr's life that much easier. I believe the auctions will grow huge in the next few months, and I'm sure gregr will make the necessary adjustments for the future. If only there was a way to take the emotion out of this after auction equation fightfest, everyone seems so ready to fight or defend, we're all standing in the sand with our lines drawn.

turner67

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
^^^^I'm with you on this."mandatory" doesn't sound to pleasant. the reg info sounds good,but i still check out the name on mine own.

ddent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
gregr,

If there is interest in the eNom account thing I would be happy to arrange a process whereby the creation of accounts there could be automated & somehow integrated with the forum/auctions.

Let me know if you are interested.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ddent
gregr,

If there is interest in the eNom account thing I would be happy to arrange a process whereby the creation of accounts there could be automated & somehow integrated with the forum/auctions.

Let me know if you are interested.

I'm sure lots of us would like the bidders as sub-accounts, lol...:D...nice way of wording it, though!

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kingdon
I read in another thread about gregr having everyone get an enom account who wants to be a part of the auction. Why don't we make it mandatory for all members to have an enom account, just to be a member, part of the sign up when they register here.

I mean that's what we're supposed to be, domain resellers, I'm sure the guys at enom would love to help, and it would make gregr's life that much easier. I believe the auctions will grow huge in the next few months, and I'm sure gregr will make the necessary adjustments for the future. If only there was a way to take the emotion out of this after auction equation fightfest, everyone seems so ready to fight or defend, we're all standing in the sand with our lines drawn.

The two statements above and in bold are not consistent, or, in my opinion, advised. Sorry.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom