Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

resell rights, and just stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about all this stuff you buy with resell rights, and they can't even resell it. I see so many templates monster, prozilla, and boxed art sites offered on ebay. If I see something I know to be illegal I just don't bid, but I sure wish they would start enforcing a bit.

A few weeks ago bought a game script only to find I cant use, yet found it for sale on ebay today at $2.

I sell some of the common sites like the credit site we have all seen in a pack of 30. Tried to pick up 15 more. It turned out the other 15 were prozilla sites. When I contacted and said that did me no good and they weren't allowed to sell them like that, their response was want some dcb sites instead....

I know one day I'm going to sell something in good faith and its going to come back and bite me. Unless everyone gets honest overnight guess there isn't a good solution, but this sucks, pardon my french. I mean you get a great deal on a script open it up and find its copyright of..... and you just wasted your money.

And just like myself many of these people don't know they are selling products they shouldn't because they don't know the source.

I've even paid good money for a script before only to find it was a hack. No I won't even call it a hack, they just replaced the copyright data. I had the other script plus they didn't change the instructions, so just completely told on self. Just like the webguys or something that was selling several dcb sites just rebranded, didn't change one thing.

Guess I'm just venting, don't see an answer. I'm sure some would say turn them in. I've seen hundreds on ebay and on net as well. Not my job, nor do I have time. I mean its hurting our business, its illegal and the person doing the work isn't getting paid. All that encryption isn't the answer either, bought several of those as end user, to hard to make any changes.

ok I vented enough off to work.

Domain Days 2024

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand you completely.
In fact, a few years ago I was selling a software (PHP/MySQL) wich required quite some work, and I was serious about spending lots of hours to add upgrades, etc, until I saw others selling it on eBay...and I did not offer resell rights to anyone.Then someone told me they got it on DC++ (and they have the guts to ask for support from me-my email was on the script) -the bottom line is that I had to give up.
Not all people that sell this stuff know they aren't suppoesed to- they buy some great packages with "resell rights included" - a friend of mine was about to sell some templatemonster templates without even knowing.
Encryption helps, if you are selling software, but only to a certain degree...

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes but I haven't seen one that works, I got to install ion or the script just quits working. I had one site I was really happy with but completely encrypted. If I wanted to change my email I had to contact them. I would have liked to have changed the look just a little but there was no way to at all.

I'm pretty suprised that monster isn't going after some of these people. So an ad on ebay the other day selling 20 templates. Cleary stated that they were from template monster and then said you didn't get resell rights.

I'm just tried of trying to do the right thing in a wrong world. I don't mean selling but more just buying to use. I think I'm putting my game site up today and say script isn't included its for sale from this guy. Even had a guy trying to sell a group he had resell right to on one of the major sites. Said he had bought from the programmer at slance, all prozill sites. I like php and the fact I can change it. If people, forgot what its called, the text is grey and cant be edited out in dream weaver, every page it would sure cut it down.

someone like your friend is going to be the one hung out to dry and didn't even know.....

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, I am also wondering why templatemonster does not take any action.
But I understand why ebay allows this...templatemonster has thousands of templates, and it's impossible to have someone to check each one...not to mention the ones offered by other sites you mentioned.I am sure that if you email them some evidence, they will delete the bad auctions.But this won't stop the bad guys

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought scripts and got resell rights to them all, I then put them for sale here on DNF and thankfully a DNF member sent me a PM telling me he had purchased them off the same person I did only to find they were copies of GNU scripts which had been edited and all copyrights removed, Obviously I removed the scripts but it could have turned bad for me.

On the same topic, I been working on a site selling scripts and templates (which I own or have resell rights) but is it really worth taking a risk? It could all backfire on me if I purchase a script with "resell rights" when really it is copyrighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom