Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Reseller account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom - no question, so many good features.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Site said:
How much can it cost a $6.95 Enom Reseller Account? How do I mange to get one? Thanks.

Some member sell it, its $200 or something like that.
$8.95 account You can get for free.
If You don`t use enom API, club drop, then I would suggest You an $6.90 moniker account.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Site said:
How much can it cost a $6.95 Enom Reseller Account? How do I mange to get one? Thanks.

Direct from Enom, you can get an ETP account for 1000 domain years prepayment (one time $6950). You can occassionally find a $6.95 account on the secondary market for a few hundred $. I haven't seen too many lately for sale though.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are also opportunities to buy $7-$8 enom accounts for significantly less (i.e. I've seen $7.10 enom accounts go for as little at $40 in the past)

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Site said:
I was thinking more in buying a $6.95 account on the secondary market than in paying the 7k. Thanks for the advice though.

Registerfly.com has packages where you can get domains for $7.25 buy buying 500 instead of 1000. In comparison, if you charge or pay by paypal, you'll pay enom $6.95 with a 3% fee making the real cost about $7.15. Registerfly has no extra fee for paypal or credit card payments.

Also, if you have enough volume, you can get deals elsewhere. Fabulous.com offers $6.75 domains if you own at least 1000. I've worked out wholesale deals with other registrars as well.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Site said:
I was thinking more in buying a $6.95 account on the secondary market than in paying the 7k. Thanks for the advice though.

be sure to check the pricing for all tld's in these accounts, when buying on "secondary market".

NameRegistration

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Othellotech – I meant a sub-account. I’ve already found one that will go cheaper than $300. Anyway I’m doing the maths for more than one year, although hopefully I will have repaid it in the first year.

Biggedon – The prices for all TLDs are alright, all of them are $6.95. I’m more worried about them continue like this.

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If an enom ETP sells a $6.95 sub account does he/she make money on it on an ongoing basis? Or just at the 1st point of sale? Reason for asking is if the ETP has to support you as a sub account what is the incentive to bother with you after the initial sale?

As you say othellotech "so you get support from whomever your upper level is" Why would he/she support you other then just being nice?

I primarily want a reseller account to keep from having to send my hosting customers out to some one who is trying to sell them everything I just sold to them in the 1st place - hosting email etc. I don't think it's really worth it otherwise though I could be wrong. Any of you doing well with these reseller accounts just trying to sell to john Q public?

I was initially thinking of just getting a godaddy reseller account but god their websites are horrid looking. plus they don't integrate with drams or modernbill one of witch I'll probably be using. Leaning toward Drams. Any one want to sell me a drams license? or how about a 6.95 enom reseller account for 100.00 just cause your a nice person? ha ha.

If I paid the 7G price to be an enom ETP can I then sell a boat load of reseller accounts for 200.00 to 300.00 like every one else? might be worth it. I am planning on selling more then 1000 domain regs with hosting this year.

FusionX

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just in case ... no one can make those $6.95 accounts anymore. More than a year ago, eNom changed their policy against creating accounts for less than $8.95. As a result of this policy change, all those accounts that were created before it have become valuable and hence are selling for such high prices. Even if you become an ETP, I seriously doubt (almost sure) that you will be able to create any $6.95 account.

And regarding the support, ETPs don't really provide any support as such. Most of the problems can be solved yourself and in case something really big happens, you can always submit a ticket with eNom and they take care of it.

One of the examples here that happened to me. I was trasferring a domain from my main account to one my dummy sub-accounts (created just so that I don't change anything accidently in bulk edits). I ended up accidently transferring it to some account with a name similar to my sub-account. Now I contacted the ETP and heard that they can't do anything. I contacted eNom and they took care of it in less than an hour.

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What would the advantage be for me to become an ETP and pay enom the 7G price verses buying a 6.95 reseller account for 200.00? With ether I could register .coms for 6.95 right?

There must be something to becomming an ETP or as long as the 6.95 reseller accounts are available no one would pay the 7G price to enom if all they wanted was the low price.

FusionX

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its all about the amount of capital that you have at the outset. Most players start small trying to test the waters, so they start with a smaller capital investment. Larger players can always invest big sums at the start.

Since you are planning to buy over a 1000 domains per year, a $6.95 sub-account really doesn't make sense.

Best,
FusionX

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am hoping to buy that many if my sales efforts for web hosting work out. What I need to know are the specific reasons why a 6.95 sub account doesn't make sense. As of now I don't know the reasons and that is why I am asking here. What is the difference between the direct ETP enom account and the 6.95 sub account? Aren't each able to register domains at 6.95?

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
othellotech said:
if you get a sub account and want to protect your pricing levels from being upped by the reseller above you

create a retail account inside your account
set the retail pricing to as low as it lets you

this prevents the higher level reseller increasing prices unless enom do a blanket price increase

othello, I know over at WHT the topic has been preached on over and over again but this little trick "can" and has been bypassed. The fact is, and answers the question above, the best and most stable foundation you can have as a domain reseller is to become an ETP yourself. Depending on volume this should be the ultimate goal. For some the math may not compute and it would seem more reasonable to get a sub-account under an ETP.

People also need to do their research before they blindly sign-up under someone. When the questions and doubts are raised I always encourage folks to send eNom an email and ask about their sub-account. eNom can answer certain pointed questions like, "Is my account directly under an ETP?" versus "Is blankety blank an ETP?" It all comes down to setting yourself up for success and that takes time, effort, and in most cases (a hard pill to swallow) money.

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks yeswedo I know about what is on ebay. I would rather buy from some one on this forum with a good rating though.

othellotech since I am low bucking it I will have to start out this year with a 6.95 reseller account instead of a real ETP account. If things go as planned I will be able to step up to the real thing next yr. Projected sales are 2400 accounts not 1000. So actually I hope to reg that many domains, maybe a little less. I have about 100 of my own also. I just would rather not have to put up the whole 7G right now as like I said I am just really getting the ball rolling. I have been a small ISP for 5 years and did web hosting on the side. Not a lot of margin in the ISP biz. Web Hosting has been better for us so we are heading off in that direction for this yr. We have plenty of experence at web hosting on a small scale, and own our servers etc. Having been in the ISP biz we know what customer service is.

Anyone here have a 6.95 account for sale? let me know.

I guess I could do with an 8.95 account but I just HAVE TO HAVE A 6.95 account as you say othellotech any why not. I guess it's for the same reason I race cars at the local track on the weekends. I beleave I am better faster and stronger then the other guy, and why start out 2.00 behind? After all I don't see it as a dumb move but as the step before getting a real ETP account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom