Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Reselling - do these domains work with .org?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hydrostatic being a band (???) means that there might be potential for a fan site so possibly the best option for a .org. Find someone who's heard of them and a possible sell.
As for the others they don't immediately cry out as .org names - possibly of use to a small company searching for more SE exposure but not great value for these amongst resellers IMO, $-$$.

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mr. Webname for your honest opinion.

I kind of agree that the .org may not be the best extension for some of the names, but a buyer may want the .org for Search engine purposes.

I registered most of these .orgs for "defensive reasons."
For example, I own hvlp.us (which I think is a very good name for a shop/business that deals in hvlp work and spray painting)
The hvlp.org just recently became available again.

My reasoning is that if someone really wanted to buy hvlp.us and they didn't want to pay my asking price, they would discover that hvlp.org was available and just go and register the hvlp.org (instead of buying hvlp.us at my asking price).

So I registered the hvlp.org myself.

Now if any buyers want that term HVLP - as their domain name, they have to come to me - because I own the only two major extensions (.org and .us) of that name that are not being used.

So anyway, that's my story. Thanks for your opinion.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hhunterjr
Thanks Mr. Webname for your honest opinion.

I kind of agree that the .org may not be the best extension for some of the names, but a buyer may want the .org for Search engine purposes.

I registered most of these .orgs for "defensive reasons."
For example, I own hvlp.us (which I think is a very good name for a shop/business that deals in hvlp work and spray painting)
The hvlp.org just recently became available again.

My reasoning is that if someone really wanted to buy hvlp.us and they didn't want to pay my asking price, they would discover that hvlp.org was available and just go and register the hvlp.org (instead of buying hvlp.us at my asking price).

So I registered the hvlp.org myself.

Now if any buyers want that term HVLP - as their domain name, they have to come to me - because I own the only two major extensions (.org and .us) of that name that are not being used.

So anyway, that's my story. Thanks for your opinion.

i don't think someone would go buy a domain and didn't check and see it at all top extensions

this buy was probably knowing that .org is available but he wanted your .us version

i think if he refused your offer at .us and will refuse any .org offers also unless he is in bad need and he is not cuz he would have registered .org when available

anyway....good luck with both of them

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's interesting thinking - GotaSale. I hadn't thought about it that way.

This was only a scenario. No one has approached me yet about hvlp.us or hvlp.org. So this was a "what if" situation.

I'm going to be holding onto these babies and all of my domains at http://www.domainterritory.com for a while to come until they "mature." The domain market is showing signs of improving and it's only going to get better. Watch out for .us in the future _ i think that .us is going to be a major competitor in the years ahead.

M

mole

Originally posted by hhunterjr
Watch out for .us in the future _ i think that .us is going to be a major competitor in the years ahead.

It would definitely help the .us cause if you started developing and promoting into the search engines some of your .us names just like what zou is doing, hunt.

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sorry for those of you who tried to access my website at http://www.domainterritory.com - my website has been down for about 24 hours b/c freewebs.com must be doing some type of maintenance.

My website should be back up by Monday.

As far as developing my domains, I would have to pay someone to do that. I know that it's a good idea to develop them like zouzas has, but I don't have the appropriate html coding knowledge to do it myself. Additionally, I would rather hold onto the money in my wallet right now (as opposed to paying someone to develop the sites).

Know anyone who'll develop them for free or a very small,reasonable price?

Check back on Monday and my website at http://www.domainterritory.com should be back up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom