Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Reselling from Cpanel - No Root Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

marketing

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently got a good deal on some Cpanel hosting and had the intentions of allowing resellers to use this space to which I would sell to them for EXTREMELY cheap since I got such a good deal on it. I came to find out that since I did not have root access, the WHM does not allow me the cpanel resellers manager options. Major Bummer :emba:

So now I am looking for ideas or scripts or a combination of both that would allow resellers to be able to sell hosting and pay me a HUGE discounted rate...when they pay the account will automatically be created in cpanel.

Does anyone know if ModernBill or other scripts like this have a resellers function possibly that would fix my problem? Know any scripts or ways around this?

Thanks for your help in advance...this site is a great reference to me and I appriciate everyone sharing their vast knowledge in the industry.

Marketing
(bah) (bah) (bah)

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
ModernBill can create resellers but only with root access, you can find scripts to make shared accounts in cpanel, and then give a cpanel account to the reseller, the reseller would be able to give FTP access to clients to a specific folder and add-on domains to that folder directory but its messy job and with todays low prices I doubt anyone would want to do it like that.

What you need is a VPS, (Virtual Private Server) this is kinda like a reseller acocunt that has its own partition, and you have root access in your partition so you can create reseller accounts in WHM. If you want to convert PM me, and maybe I can work something out with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom