Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Reserved .infos

Status
Not open for further replies.

gph

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Were all country names reserved in the .info TLD? I checked out kuwait.info and libya.info and they appeared to be owned by ICANN??

gph

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah they were reserved. I got one of the few they missed or were late on Virginislands.info. England.info sold for around $10k, and was as close to another available country name (United Kingdom) that I've seen. (Didn't you sell that one?) I'd be interested in acquiring others that someone ended up with if any.
Doc

hanogl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At first these domains were free to register, but at some moment in time Icann asked Afilias to reserve these domains. Afilias then locked all that were still available and reclaimed some more in the Sunrise challenge.
Some weird things still happened, for example I got Schweiz.info (Switzerland) as Afilias made a spelling mistake: Schweitz.info is still locked.
Unitedkingdom is locked under the Icann rule, England.info was freely available as it is not an official country name: England is part of the country United Kingdom.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
interesting, isnt' it ................? ? ?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and it shows how the newer tlds work... *non* competively.
similar to my .ws thread

P.S.

I own the closest think to UnitedKingdom.info there is, so i guess I should be happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom