Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Responding to Sedo's "Please Justify Your Asking Price"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If there is one thing on SEDO that still irritates me more than anything, it's giving buyers that "Please Justify Your Asking Price" option on counteroffers.

If it's a lowball offer, that's easy to respond to, I ignore it and cancel the auction.

If it's higher but still way out of the ballpark, I mention that "I have received higher offers" or manually input that "This is the price I have set. Thank you for your interest."

Since SEDO refuses to get rid of that damn thing, what other responses are appropriate? I mean, can anyone seriously justify an asking price regardless of traffic or revenue?

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
See last sentence ...

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If there is one thing on SEDO that still irritates me more than anything, it's giving buyers that "Please Justify Your Asking Price" option on counteroffers.

If it's a lowball offer, that's easy to respond to, I ignore it and cancel the auction.

If it's higher but still way out of the ballpark, I mention that "I have received higher offers" or manually input that "This is the price I have set. Thank you for your interest."

Since SEDO refuses to get rid of that damn thing, what other responses are appropriate? I mean, can anyone seriously justify an asking price regardless of traffic or revenue?

I'd reply with something like - That's my estimation of the domain's market value, based on the quality of the domain, sales of comparable domains (and the popularity of the term/if applicable, and the associated type-in traffic/if applicable). Only the buyer can justify the price of a domain, depending on their use and the benefits they can derive from using it in their advertising and marketing.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only the buyer can justify the price of a domain,

Which is what I tried to tell SEDO when they first started that choice.

Sometimes I want to scream, "Because I'm the Seller and I set the price, not you."

But that would be rude ...

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which is what I tried to tell SEDO when they first started that choice.

Sometimes I want to scream, "Because I'm the Seller and I set the price, not you."

But that would be rude ...

Just, politely, send them your standard reply (cut-and-paste it from a document of standard responses). Or tell them to have the customer contact you directly.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If I get a lowball offer and a "Justify..." combo I cancel on the spot.
My time is money.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Two questions asked, answered one.

Was not aware that it was rhetorical.

An asking price is an arbitrary number assigned to something based on the perceived value. So, to answer your last question - no, there will never be a justifiable answer acceptable to all.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Please Justify Your Asking Price"
I need to buy champagne and caviar

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt to enclose data for comparable sales but from my experience it means the potential buyer is about to back out.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.....but from my experience it means the potential buyer is about to back out.

IMO he is asking for price justification and not to back out but mostly because he is seriously wondering why the price is higher than he believes it is worth. Why not just send him some stats in reply? What's the big deal in doing so? That would be refreshing. Not once when I asked that question in the past did a seller send anything. The usual reply is an insane new price or they cancel it.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not once when I asked that question in the past did a seller send anything. The usual reply is an insane new price or they cancel it.

Exactly. Let's get rid of this useless feature. Domains are only worth the price two people can agree upon. SEDO, you listening?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Please justify your lowball offer."

Brands&Jingles

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I always add in the end of the message "Please bid serious.ly" if the offer is too small.

Anyway 90% of bids are from other domainers just checking for the price.

You may check the rank of the bidder but as a rule of thumb - you have to take them all and go for the price of your level.

Last edited:

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All use to have a "reasonable" pricing range, this is why when the seller ask an amount out of this range it's normal the buyer may feel lost and ask for justifications.

Imagine, everyone don't have your knowledge, nor know how your domain is performing.
So if you want to maximize your sale chances simply kindly explain to the buyer the reasons that motivate this sale price.

Now it's sure if there is no other reason then try to maximize your own profit then there is not a lot to justify.

Simply have in mind it's not normal when a domain worth $8 to have to pay hundred, thousands, dozen thousands dollars, ...
Not everyone is a domainer. Most not even imagine is possible to buy a domain already registered.
So don't be bears!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BELLC1 said:
"Please Justify Your Asking Price"

send a note to Sedo:
"Please Justify Your high commission fees"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom