Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Retribution Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've heard of several instances where a buyer or seller backed out of the deal. The other party is hesitant to leave negative feedback because the non-performing party will leave negative feedback as retribution.

My opinion is that if someone commits the double sin of Not performing on a transaction, and then leaving negative feedback purely as retribution, they should be banned for that. It's really important that a seller/buyer be able to leave honest feedback without fear of retribution. Otherwise the trader rating system loses its integrity and usefulness.

Upvote 0

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. This has happened to me several times, though I have always had the matter resolved by the mods.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've heard of several instances where a buyer or seller backed out of the deal. The other party is hesitant to leave negative feedback because the non-performing party will leave negative feedback as retribution.

My opinion is that if someone commits the double sin of Not performing on a transaction, and then leaving negative feedback purely as retribution, they should be banned for that. It's really important that a seller/buyer be able to leave honest feedback without fear of retribution. Otherwise the trader rating system loses its integrity and usefulness.

I agree 100% :yes:
Pred :)

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've heard of several instances where a buyer or seller backed out of the deal. The other party is hesitant to leave negative feedback because the non-performing party will leave negative feedback as retribution. My opinion is that if someone commits the double sin of Not performing on a transaction, and then leaving negative feedback purely as retribution, they should be banned for that.

I wish eBay would learn that. The only negative I ever received was because I gave a non-paying, non-communicating bidder negative feedback. Then she went and gave me negative feedback for being an as..er, um,...not a nice person. Screwed either way.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You mean retaliation?

You are correct. Upon looking up the definition I see that retribution is the wrong word as retribution is "deserved". You learn something new every day.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And I "deserved" it because I was foolish enough to believe a Feedback system was a proper response.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand that but is there any penalty for leaving retaliation feedback? I was suggesting maybe a temporary ban as penalty. Without penalty, it will keep happening and th innocent party will have to go through the process to get it removed.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"if it keeps happening" but i had someone buy something- and not pay, and read, but not answer any pm's- he placed the highest offer by the end of the time listed- then ignored me- if i give him a bad rating for doing that- and he gives me one- do you remove the one on my account from him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom