Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Revenue down - traffic same

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashflow

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Starting Wednesday 17th December, RPM suddenly dropped by 50%. Traffic is steady at about 8000 visitors per day across a few hundred domains. They sent a message saying there was reporting issues on Friday but would it take 3 days to notice this (since wednesday)? Sometimes there is a blip for one day or so but that is normally followed by a good day, but now revenue is staying down. Its almost like a switch has been flipped to cut revenue share somewhere along the line :?:

Anyone noticed anything similar?

Last edited:

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes. Same here. several others report the same. there's a thread at domainstate mentioning this.

I agree, it seems like someone flipped a switch.

Not all portfolios are affected though. Particularly those making 30K+ a month seem to have been spared, but that's just an anectodical observation from me. Some even claim they are up.

Smells like a change in google's algorithms to me. I wonder if it's a coincidence that it happens after all these rumors about google tightening the crews on traffic quality, and at the same time opening up Adsense for Domains.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes. Same here. several others report the same. there's a thread at domainstate mentioning this.

I agree, it seems like someone flipped a switch.

Not all portfolios are affected though. Particularly those making 30K+ a month seem to have been spared, but that's just an anectodical observation from me. Some even claim they are up.

Smells like a change in google's algorithms to me. I wonder if it's a coincidence that it happens after all these rumors about google tightening the crews on traffic quality, and at the same time opening up Adsense for Domains.

I think this is just the start of a downward trend for Google feeds.

beyond.domaining

www.BeyondDomaining.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, my Domain Sponsor eCPM dropped by over half over the last year.

that's why i turned to domain development and now my revenues for each site generally goes up by 30,000%+ within 60 days of launching a developed site.

domain parking is for the birds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom