Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Right Clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it doesnt work anyway, once you click ok you still get the right click menu.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would agree 100%, if I could see it. That dumb right click thing doesn't work in Opera thankfully.

If the issue is the IE imagetoolbar then use the following
<meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="no">

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't even steal my own avatar. gotta use firefox.

T

tekz999

I want right click back, cause I use it to open a new tab in firefox and send pm.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the javascript wont stop anyone from taking the images as everything is loaded into your cache anyway, you can also view source and go to the image url and save it from there. Only way to slow ppl down from saving the pics is to break the pictures down into there pixels which will then require the person to recreate the image like a jigsaw

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree on it being annoying. I only noticed it when I wanted to open a graphic link in a new window that was someone's signature. Of course, holding down shift and left clicking works as well, but it is annoying.

In my opinion, it's dumb since you aren't really stopping anybody who might want to get an image except for the really dumb people, and just annoying everybody else.

graphicsgod

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I also agree, if your quick enough " which i can do " press the enter on your keyboard at the same time as clicking on an image, and should be able to save the images still and get the menu. so basically a bad idea to have the right click images, 1. Because it still does not stop them " rippers " or leachers, and then secondly it interfears with most peoples navigation of the interface. :)

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RTM.net said:
Well, I also don't appreciate that, but given the target audience here, it is a bit futile - BUT I'm certain it provides protection against the minority so-called Newbie folks from getting images downloaded....

I really doubt it, Even newbies here can easily figure out, Whats going to happen anyways? 99% of the images are standard vBulletin images and the others are the header, Whats somebody going to do with that?

abstracthosting

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also agree, if your quick enough " which i can do " press the enter on your keyboard at the same time as clicking on an image, and should be able to save the images still and get the menu. so basically a bad idea to have the right click images, 1. Because it still does not stop them " rippers " or leachers, and then secondly it interfears with most peoples navigation of the interface. :)

Dont have to be quick right click down, hold, hit enter, release, you have right click menu

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You would be suprised how many people have stolen images and plaques for use on their own sites.

-=DCG=-

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don&#180;t like it either.

Maybe you should do a poll???

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see this as a major issue and I don't see why people are right clicking in the first place.

The signature opens in a new window anyways.

No changes will be made regarding this.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom