Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Righthaven LLC gets its most precious asset on Snapnames!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro,
check your pm.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Having followed this for a while now, Marc has done a super job in protecting the rights of others as well as seeking justice.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Having followed this for a while now, Marc has done a super job in protecting the rights of others as well as seeking justice.

Yes, but Acro's linke title suggests "bullied", and that by and far is an extreme understatement.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, but Acro's linke title suggests "bullied", and that by and far is an extreme understatement.
A local home schooled, 20 year old autistic kid and brittle diabetic posted a photo of a TSA pat down on his local blog. Righthaven threatened suit. The kid not only removed the image, he took his site down.

The pricks at Righthaven said that was not good enough. They wanted $6000.00 as an out of court settlement.

I know a local law firm was going to do his case probono. As his attorney pointed out, it was never about the copyright and this clearly showed that it was about the money.

But I never heard a followup story to this. Perhaps I can contact the local news about a followup.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A local home schooled, 20 year old autistic kid and brittle diabetic posted a photo of a TSA pat down on his local blog. Righthaven threatened suit. The kid not only removed the image, he took his site down.

The pricks at Righthaven said that was not good enough. They wanted $6000.00 as an out of court settlement.

I know a local law firm was going to do his case probono. As his attorney pointed out, it was never about the copyright and this clearly showed that it was about the money.

But I never heard a followup story to this. Perhaps I can contact the local news about a followup.

I am well aware of their 'tactics', and I know several webmasters that took their sting the hard way. The payout.

It is just nice seeing them eat their own crap.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Revenge is a cold platter served raw :D

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Revenge is a cold platter served raw :D

Ahh, Revenge is a dish best served cold.

re: original origin in print: la vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid. (Mathilde (1841) by Marie Joseph Eugène Sue)

re: klingon: bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'. (Khan Noonien Singh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom