Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Rogues' Gallery Shafting Average Domainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello Ron,

Week after week, conference after conference, we eagerly scour dnjournal.com for the latest domain industry news. Thanks for making it all so organized and available. Your coverage of the domain business is winning you well-deserved accolades and awards.

I also read and participate in a few relevant domain forums. In those forums I read about domain customers getting the shaft from certain companies and individuals. I also notice photos of those same companies and individuals partying-it-up at domain conferences, while their customers are getting the shaft in some fashion. Because dnjournal.com has become a relevant, important site for domain news, I'm amazed to see scoundrels who shaft their customers having a gleeful time auctioning names and eating steak dinners, in photos at dnjournal.com, without any comment (in the interest of transparency and fairness) about the notoriety or pevailing issues pertaining to those individuals/companies.

For example, I noticed dnjournal.com is full of photos including Monte Cahn and a handful of other Moniker workers smiling while auctioning names and manning the booth. Perhaps you could also include how their customers are begging for support tickets to be answered, how customer service has erroded to an unacceptable level. You can read the complaints in the same forum(s) in which you participate.

I also noticed one industry rogue dining on steak dinner while only weeks ago bidding against his employer's customers for prime domain names.

I must tell you Ron, it is disturbing and insulting viewing photos of industry rogues scarfing prime beef and collecting fat auction fees, while said rogues are also screwing many of your readers.

Perhaps a "Rogues' Gallery" or "Caveat Emptor" section at dnjournal.com would help keep things a little more real.

Domain Days 2024

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that it is not Ron's job to judge or label anyone.

He reports the news, and then we as individuals make up are own minds.

In other words, if you want to do a "Rogue's Gallery" then it is up to you to do so, not Ron. Him doing so would be a conflict of interest.

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that it is not Ron's job to judge or label anyone.

He reports the news, and then we as individuals make up are own minds.

In other words, if you want to do a "Rogue's Gallery" then it is up to you to do so, not Ron. Him doing so would be a conflict of interest.

You're right of course, it's not "Ron's job" to do any of it, including judging and labeling anyone. Ron's welcome to report any fraction or portion of all relevant facts.

It is also fact that domainers get screwed by some of those companies and individuals while simultaneously presented in a positive light at dnjournal.com. It is what it is.

It seems ICANN gets bashed a whole lot while ethically-challenged registrars, auctioneers, and employees of both seem to get a pass.

DotSauce

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thx for editing my post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom