Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Rookmedia: Gtld's

Domain summit 2024

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also just found out Namedrive, which we still use a lot, bought RM. And actually Ed and other guys who made Namedrive much better left to start precisely RookMedia. Namedrive hasn't recovered from that and ppl who use it a lot saw the difference, I did. Now that the RookMedia guys are back I hope I see my revenue increase at ND ! An irony, the guys who left ND for RM are kinda back home... I hope ND can get its mojo back now :cool:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of acquisitions.

RM -$> DS
ND -$> RM

RookMedia

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

A little late to the party, but I can assure everyone: NameDrive did not acquire RookMedia. We did, however, acquire DomainSponsor.

Ash

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Ash
I've been with DS since 2004

a few months ago, I got email from DS/Rook, that you guys were going to change platform design

at that time, was asked to visit link and create id/paswrd, however since then haven't heard jack from you guys

additionally, the same "account managers" name shows in my account, but that person (Michael Song: msong at domainsponsor.com )probably doesn't even work with DS anymore.

finally, since you guys took over, my RPM has slipped more than a duckies.

Please work on all those issues, asap.

Thanks
Don

RookMedia

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Don,

We're indeed in the process of transitioning platforms, and are doing so in small groups of our publishers at a time to ensure a seamless transition. Michael will reach out to you today about the RPM-issue, and we'll definitely find a solution.

Ash

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Don,

We're indeed in the process of transitioning platforms, and are doing so in small groups of our publishers at a time to ensure a seamless transition. Michael will reach out to you today about the RPM-issue, and we'll definitely find a solution.

Ash

Hi Ash

Michael and I have communicated, and he said he'd look out for me.

so, i'm cool for now.

Thanks for stepping up! :)

Don

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
since rook media took over ds i noticed all my ds and rm domains were now showing the same blue/black lander which rm has always favored but i don't like. that sweeping change for all domains on ds and rm ending up with same lander was not such a good idea.
there is a way to see the merged website with the former ds layout but you can no longer keep any landers ds had. when i was with rm separately the main problem was the landers. now those rm landers are the only choices. i was never too crazy about the ds landers before merger but they were better than rook's imo.

--i also have a problem that there is no bulk command to set several domains to the same lander if you want to switch to other than your default black/blue template. you have to go one by one. same thing if you want to do a bulk edit for other features. this is so bad. will this bulk edit command be added later on? you need it.

hemantwps

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The deal, for an undisclosed sum, means Oversee, once the parent to brands such as Moniker and SnapNames, now barely has a presence in the domain name industry at all.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators