Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

RPC at WhyPark.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

shone

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that WhyPark has very low RPC compared to Average CPC that advertisers are paying according to Google Keyword Tool.

For example:

My domain name is www.keyword(.)com (not the actual domain just an example), and according to Google Keyword Tool average CPC for that "keyword" is $0.60, while WhyPark is paying me $0.03.

And this particular domain name is consisted of that keyword ONLY. It's a generic name with type-in traffic... very targeted with high CTR.

Is everybody having the same experince? Is this industry standard?

If you develop a domain name, and put Google Adsense on it, Google is paying you up to 70% of the CPC. I would assume domain parking companies would have the same policy.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shone - The Google keyword bid tool is so fake it's not even funny. Put mesothelioma in and and choose US and it says it is $26. But then put the same keyword in for say Ethiopia or some small country and it will tell you they same price if not more.

The price is an estimated price, nothing more.

Donny

shone

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Donny thanks for a reply.

I agree with you that Google Keyword Tool is not 100% accurate or up-to-date.

However, I happend to have an AdWords account and I checked... $.065 is the current bid for the this particular keyword.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course that is the current bid price. But that's not what the advertiser pays at the end. But at the same time, WhyPark uses a Yahoo feed, not a Google feed. So that could be another difference as well. Another one could be that the $0.65 is for the top bid, not the bottom bid. There are many circumstances that come into play.

Donny

shone

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dony, while we are at it. Can you please tell us what percentage of RPC are you paying to your clients?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shone - That is something that if you are using Parked you will need to talk to your account manager about. Or if you are using WhyPark you will need to ask them.

If you ask we always tell our customers what they are getting.

Donny

Equalizer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are accounts merged?
Or is the whypark a completly different service in all aspects, lots of people are looking for alternatives , I 'm suprised ever since you guys adquired WP there hasn't been any noise...
For instance any true palpable success stories to tell ?
Most savvy domainers shy away from "Cookie cutter" minisites... assumed as a waiste of time and resources.
do you guys have anything new to bring to the table ?
(BTW: I am very happy with my parked.com acct)

The time is ripe for a true alternative with parking decaying , browsers kidnapping traffic , domain prices in the increase, etc etc

Last edited:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Equalizer - WhyPark is a completely seperate business and will continue to run that way. The difference is we share a lot of technology with WhyPark. They also use the same feeds that we do as well.

You will have to ask WhyPark about success stories, there are quite a large number of them. But I don't know who I can mention and who I can't.

New things, as you know Parked usually never announces any new features until they are already launched. But I can tell you that yesterday, we sped about the parked.com website by about 200x. Some people will notice it, but most will never even tell. The biggest difference is how fast it takes to download the pages.

Donny

Equalizer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don:
Thanks, I joined parked/wp forum to see if I can get more info other that "how to" posts , I also read Elliot's "minit tutorial " , I am very skeptical of minicookiecuttersites but I am willing to see and try them out for myself ...
Robert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom