Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Rugby Rules HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been watching some dynamite Rugby matches from countless nations.

But it does not seem like there are any standard rules. :?:

Do different countries and different leagues have their own distinct rules?

One league I was watching there was some sense of order after someone is tackled to let that player get up to put the ball in play.

Tonight I am watching a game where they don't allow the tackled player to get up. That player on the ground puts the ball in play while he is still on the ground.

Example: The other night I was watching an English match. Tonight I am watching LV Cup match (earlier played in march 2012) being an Anglo-Welsh and ... it seems pretty damn brutal!

So, back to my questions...is there a set of standardized rules or do they vary from league-to-league and from nation-to-nation.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a game on now of Premiership Rugby, Sale vs Leicester, and this is pretty damn brutal. Still tackling the player and piling on when the ball carrier is down. What's up with that? Every league does has its own set of rules and just complicates that game when trying to learn.

PS. Yes it is a replay. And yes I know who won and what the final score is. Still beats the hell out of daytime TV talk shows or soaps.

Last edited:

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a game on now of Premiership Rugby, Sale vs Leicester, and this is pretty damn brutal. Still tackling the player and piling on when the ball carrier is down. What's up with that? Every league does has its own set of rules and just complicates that game when trying to learn.

It's just a ruck and maul(if still standing) Gerry and there's nothing wrong with a little raking... ;) The ball is still live when the carrier is down - a bit odd for fans of American football. The player on the ground can shield the ball with his body so he's fair game!

I played rugby from grade 8 right through college - it's rough mean game but at the end of the day it's still a gentleman's game. Of the hundreds of games I played in (Canada, United States and England) I never saw a fight between players. Heck I saw more fights and dirty actions playing baseball!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's just a ruck and maul(if still standing) Gerry and there's nothing wrong with a little raking... ;) The ball is still live when the carrier is down - a bit odd for fans of American football. The player on the ground can shield the ball with his body so he's fair game!

I played rugby from grade 8 right through college - it's rough mean game but at the end of the day it's still a gentleman's game. Of the hundreds of games I played in (Canada, United States and England) I never saw a fight between players. Heck I saw more fights and dirty actions playing baseball!
Each league has its own rules which is confusing.

As for Rugby, it and soccer were introduced at our high school once and both came in and went out in the same year. These Rugby games look like our Saturday Afternoon football pickup games of full tackle (shirts against the skins). Rough bloody noses and hell of a great deal of action including some brawls that were quickly broken up.

I learned soccer in Italy while in the military. On the base we had an indoor soccer league during winter. I loved it. The walls of the gym were in play so it was one fast action game and you could score some hellacious goals angling and banking the ball off of walls. You could kick the ball ahead of you, bounce it off the wall, get your own rebound and score. It was fun. The clock never stopped. There was only the one head official and that was it. The ball speed and bounces off a gym floor was pretty incredible as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom