Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Rule on forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
One of the rules on the forums states that you are not allowed to sell a domain if there is a TM issue. I am just curious if i did that in one of my domains i listed. The domain is www-passport(.)com ...would this be against rules?

If so...more than welcome to delete it. I'm just not 100% sure.

Thanks,

Sam

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't consider that a TM unless you were trying to represent it as the Windows TM.
But the term 'passport' is generic.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the clarification :)

cashboy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The word passport is generic. I think the forum rules just state the obvious.. no
obvious trademarks. For example, every LL.com has a trademark attached...but those are ok on the forum...It is the obvious ones, like Xerox.com...where there is no doubt as to a tm issue.

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Microsoft was founded on April 4 1975. Passports were invented in France about 2 years earlier :)

Last edited:

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a goddamn shame this forum continues to allow blatant trademark-infringing domains to be traded publicly, like the knucklehead currently promoting a CHANTIX domain, and others promoting their pathetic trademark typos. It only gives generic domain buyers and sellers a bad reputation, and it makes it easier for BS-overreaching laws to get passed. If this is a rule of the forum, then where the hell are the moderators?

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MS already owns this variation in some of the other tld's...

I think registering any name starting with www, www-, etc, is questionable, but eventually you need to ask yourself whether that's a road you want to take... (especially when you are talking about MS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom