Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Rules are not clear to me ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameforum

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
New to this site and gone through rules link and read line to line ..

10. Only 1 post per day in the Domains For Sale forum. Please put all of the names you wish to sell for that day in one post.

Does should say thread/topic instead fo post bcos if some one asks a question or member like to reply/post reduced "asking price"..

Is there a limit on topics/threads in other platinum forums other then "For Sale" forum ..

I appreciate if any one clear my doubts ..

Upvote 0

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only one sales thread allowed per day, I believe. You can post more in the thread if needed, just not new threads.

DNJunkie

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oops did not realise this rule awhile ago and posted something else about 12hrs later for a different domain :( thanks for talking about this this has helped me too

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thread is not post.

only one thread allowed. But post is not limited.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can post as much as you want, the only thing you are limited to is *creating* 1 sales*thread* per day.

They should update that in the rules - imagine how many (new) members might have not posted in your sales thread just because they thought they are not allowed to post more than once a day.

Sad thing is, i am convinced it will take management ages to update that rule.

Sometimes it's better to think about these kind of "small" mistakes and what effect they might have before implementing new things like exclusive memberships etc...

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think Rule 10 has any implications concerning plans for "Exclusive" or any other membership!
However it's current wording could possibly cause confusion (even though the header to the "Platinum Forum" on the Home page states - "The 1 thread/day limit in the Advertising section is back in effect, please play nice."), so we are recommending a slight change of wording to Rule 10.

The rule currently states:-

"10. Only 1 post per day in the Domains For Sale forum. Please put all of the names you wish to sell for that day in one post. Replying to your post with additional domains periodically throughout the day to bump your post is not permitted."

*Note adding extra domains to the thread by additional posts is considered "bumping" and so is discouraged so as to be fair to others. There have been complaints from members about their sales threads being squeezed out by frequent and unnecessary "bumping". Taking a few minutes to decide which domains you want to sell today will solve this problem - being considerate of others always helps. You can always add other names tomorrow!
In the event of needing to update your thread this can usually be done by using the "Edit" facility to edit your original post, (e.g. removing a price and adding "sold"). If something needs to be done that genuinely requires an additional post to the thread then no one is going to lose sleep over that.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only update the rule needs is changing the word "post" to "thread" in the first sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom