Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

RUN.BZ Worth More Than RUN.COM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You just can't beat Ebay for humor. I like this part of the guy's description for his auction at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11153&item=2085104193

"This is without doubt my most precious domain name (and I have quite a few), its also possibly the best name to EVER come about on eBay"

"I wouldnt like to speculate, but I think maybe RUN.BZ is worth MORE than RUN.COM!"

Hollywood should hire this guy to write scripts for their comedy shows. :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
HOLY COW! :)

Never ever underestimate the potency of continuous, large amounts of alcohol and its effect on the brain and bravado ... 'specially at this time of year. In this example, "Liquid Courage" is a brutal understatement.
Also, notice the date/time the auction was posted: Dec-29-02 11:24:04 PST.
Now, look at the highest Bid to date: $100.00

My Goodness! Thanks, Duke. LMAO. Good Luck.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As the seller and buyer both have zero feedback I think there is a better than even chance that is a shill bid.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look's like a bad dose of the runs:D

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Remember, .bz is the country code for Belize, as much as its registry might want people to confuse it with .biz.

If you want to run to Belize, this might be a good domain for it... except, I think they speak Spanish there, so some form of the verb "correr" would make more sense.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"As the seller and buyer both have zero feedback I think there is a better than even chance that is a shill bid."

No! Say it isn't so ...

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost
"As the seller and buyer both have zero feedback I think there is a better than even chance that is a shill bid."

No! Say it isn't so ...

Yes I'm afraid so. But if you were going to make a shill bid for "the greatest name that has ever been listed on Ebay" and one that is more valuable that "Run.com" - wouldn't you reach a little higher than $100? :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
" ... wouldn't you reach a little higher than $100?"

You'd think, yes. I don't think we're dealing with a full-deck here, to be quite honest. Reminds me of the robber who ran from the scene, eluded the police, and then found the nearest bar, proceeded to get blitzed, and then tell everyone in the bar of his robbery. Something is definitely missing here. Thanks.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The only thing funnier than Run.BZ being worth more than Run.com was when ICANN wanted to start the .biz name and the guy who had bought the marketing rights to the .BZ name sued because he thought .BZ should be the official abbreviation for "bizness". Duh.

--
Dan Norder - Savanna.com, FineGold.com, etc.
High profile and niche domain names for sale

Gail

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The bidder is acduckworth, A C Duckworth??

Isn't that an obscure character in a WB cartoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom