Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Running a message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 2 geo .ca, one is a pure geo and the other is something like city+chat.ca

Since the city+chat is for my little town, I'll probably build this one out as a little pet project, and maybe the same for the pure geo, but I would like to flip that one sometime down the road.

in order to get them up and running quickly and generating traffic, rankings and maybe a little cash, I've decided to put up a message board while I develop

I want to do this on the cheap, so I've looked into YABB and like what I see.

How difficult is it to host a message board? Are there specific features I should be looking at when choosing a host? Can anyone recomend a good host for message boards (preferrably Canadian, but wouldn't say no to a good US host)

Thanks.

Domain Days 2024

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For a small board hosts like hostgator or hostmonster will do just fine - both US.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no special requirements to run a message board, I've ran one since 2000 you basically just need php and mysql.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have Fantastico with your cPanel (which most do)...it will get your phpBB board up and running fairly easily...

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am with HG but I think most of the mistakes are of the "me being tech challenged" kind :blush:...although I wish I could blame them...
Unless you're with hostgator in which case it will install wrong at least 2 times out of three.:lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom