Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Offers Safeforwork.net **$616 monthly revenue** CGI Proxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkywizard

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For sale is a premium CGI proxy with a great domain name - www.safeforwork.net

Buy it now lowered to $5,000. If site does not sell by tuesday, I will be holding on to it.

This is a proxy that has been getting solid and steadily increasing traffic since November or so. A couple weeks ago, I decided I might want to sell it, so I set it up with its own statcounter.com counter, to properly measure traffic.

If you're like me, you just laugh when people quote "hits" or "visitors" using stats like analog or awstats, because the log file analysis they rely on is so terribly inaccurate. None of that nonsense here, I give you 3 reliable metrics to decide if this site is for you:

Screenshots: Recent Summaries | Detailed over time (large images)

1) Statcounter.com, 3rd party hosted statistics. More accurate count of pageviews and unique visitors. Site has been getting 50-80k pageviews on weekdays, 10k or so on weekends. 4-6k uniques weekdays, about 1k on weekends.

2) Yieldmanager statistics: This site is accepted into a quality CPM advertiser, so unlike other proxies that rely only on google ads on their homepage, this site can monetize the important "in proxy" browsing traffic. Yield manager has all the important ways to figure out where traffic levels and money earning is going. See screenshots above

3) Google ads. On the homepage, google is still a good pay per click advertiser, that pays consistantly and quicker than most other advertisers. See screenshots linked above. (note: some parts of the google ad screenshots have been blocked to comply with google ads terms of service. the important part: how much money the site makes, is not blocked)

Quick info:

Earnings: $145.17 previous 7 days income (march 1 - 7th). $16.88 from google ads, $128.29 from rightmedia / yieldmanager. With 4.25 weeks in an average month, this equates to $616 / month in revenue.

Income is lower on the weekends, higher on weekdays, which is why I use a one week average. If you want longer term earnings, see the images linked above. I quote previous 7 days because the site has become more popular and therefore made more money since I allowed it more server power last week.

With $616 monthly revenue, and a solid user base that slowly increases, I am asking for a minimum bid of 10 months revenue ($6160), with a buy it now of 14 months revenue ($8624).

Other likely questions:

Where does your traffic come from?

In november, I promoted safeforwork along with my other 2 proxies on various general interest forums. My main proxy (not safeforwork) got a LOT of traffic and really took off, with safeforwork and my third proxy getting some side benefit to this. Up through December, I had a link in every proxied page on all proxies that linked to the other 2 that said "this proxy blocked, slow, or down? Try x.net or Z.com". This helped cross promote my proxies.

In January, my primary proxy got first page on digg.com, which greatly and permanently increased its traffic. Even though the link to safeforwork from my main proxy was not as prominant when I got "dugg", the less prominant link still increased my safeforwork traffic significantly.

My traffic has been stable and increasing because the script I run has few restrictions, so you can use it on gmail.com, myspace.com, and other sites requiring a login, which is rare for free proxies. As a result, traffic and earnings have always been above expectations.

And of course, safeforwork.net has been listed on proxy.org since it was launched.

This site is not advertised on any topsites. If you listed it on topsites, you could easily increase the traffic levels even more.

How much bandwidth / cpu does the site use?

This depends on traffic, and is hard to pin down exactly because I run several proxies on the same unmetered server right now. As an educated guess based on prior experience from identical sites, I would say at current traffic levels, safeforwork probably uses 500-700gb monthly bandwidth, and during peak traffic times would probably use about 30% of the cpu power and ram available on a properly configured Athlon 64 3000+ with 2gb ram. If you planned on dedicating a server just to this site, a P4 2ghz (maybe even a celeron) or a 32 bit AMD Athlon with 1gb ram should suffice.

Will you help me install / configure the script to my needs?

Absolutely. This kind of script, being in perl, is a bit harder to properly configure. Luckily I've become pretty good at it and would be more than happy to make sure your server is properly configured to handle the load with minimum expense. Basically this includes setting permissions, installing and configuring mod perl (major, major speed enhancement there), and tweaking certain timeouts in the httpd.conf file. Not included in this offer are changing the look and feel of the site, but I would be more than happy to tell you how to do so yourself.

Why are you selling the site?

I am selling the site because I cannot afford to wait for net 60 earnings from yieldmanager, I need the money now to show some ladies a good time on vacation, pay auto insurance, and to upgrade my server setup, as it is maxed hosting all my proxies (850k daily pageviews and growing as fast as I add server power).

By getting rid of about 10% of my proxy traffic I get the money I need to expand the other 90% while I wait for my yieldmanager checks to come in.

Any other good news about the site?

Yes actually. If you'll browse to a page using safeforwork.net such as google: ( http://safeforwork.net/nph-info.mpl/010110A/687474702s7777772r676s6s676p652r636s6q2s ), you'll notice an ad for oilfight, a browser based online game. Although this ad size is too small for most ad companies to be willing to pay money for, it has taken oilfight from a dying game to a game that gets about 100 signups per day. Since safeforwork amounts to roughly 10% of my total proxy traffic, this means if you advertised something similar you could expect 10 new registrations daily. In this way, you not only get money from the good traffic at safeforwork.net, but you can easily promote any other sites you happen to be running.

Can you provide references?

I personally know 3 people who buy and sell on here that I think can give me references, upon request. Any other relevant information available upon request as well.

Payment will be expected via escrow.com escrow services.

Contact info:

Pm me here, or:
[email protected] (email)
[email protected] (msn)
818-768-5656 (daytime phone, I screen calls so if I'm home and you leave an appropriate message I will pick up the phone)

Domain Days 2024

thewird

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why does the traffic go up and down, and what does the spike at the beginning of the week mean? Thanks.

thewird

funkywizard

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Traffic goes up and down for two reasons:

1) traffic is cyclical, revolving around the schedule of typical work / school schedules

2) I run quite a few proxies on the same webservers that are all nearly at capacity. If I balance the load poorly or one of my servers goes down, the site runs slower that day and gets less traffic. The site is getting more traffic recently because I brought on a new server to help alleviate this effect.

funkywizard

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Buy it now lowered to $5,000. If site does not sell by tuesday, I will be holding on to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom