Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sales Categories

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SedoCoUk

Hi everyone,

After answering quite a few emails and reading a few posts on the forum, I thought I would disspell a couple of myths/shed some light on sales categories at Sedo.

What I hear a lot- Sales categories are useless if I'm only interested in parking.

Sales categories are very much related to parking (especially for SedoPro clients). If there is no keyword selected, the landing page will revert to the categories. In most cases, selecting sales categories will enhance your parked page. I used this example with another client, but I think it sums it up, so I'll use it again here:

For example, if you have a domain that deals with Tunisia. You should set the categories for Travel, Countries, Tourism. The keyword could be set for Tunisia, but the links will be related to tourism (flights, hotels, etc). If you set the category to Politics and the keyword to Tunisia, links will be more about politics in Tunisia (embassies, etc).

For SedoPro clients with pictures on their landing pages (the Phoenix Blue or Pink landers), the pictures shown there actually come from the sales categories. Therefore, if the picture showing up has nothing to do with the links showing up, I might suggest changing the sales categories for the domain.

Also, for people who change keywords on Friday night after the Sedo staff has left the office, you can change the sales categories immediately and this may influence the links shown on your landing pages (has worked for quite a few people!).

In addition to these points, if your domain is not listed in any category, it only shows up once in the search results. Assigning the domains 3 categories means that the domain will show up in the search results (even if a category isn't selected), but also once in each category. If you're looking to sell, having your domains listed in 3 categories is imperative!

If you have any questions about sales categories (or anything else), please let me know!

Brad
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom