Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sales price above $10k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@Sedo:

If somebody wants to list a domain for sale on your marketplace at more than $10,000, how exactly does this work? The sellers must purchase an appraisal for the domain, but what then?

May the seller then set any price he wants or can he only set a maximum price smaller than or equal to the value estimated by you?

I am asking, because the domain in the following thread is for sale at €100k, although it is obviously not worth that much.

http://www.dnforum.com/thread180271.html

Thank you!

Samuel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dominik,

Something is goofy at the end of Sedo or the gentleman who is listing it.

It's a Typo and .cc, even .com of that domain is not worth 100k.

If he is right, than any one can order the appraisal to raise the price at Sedo.

Sedo have a chance to clarify this but as I know they don't care and will not.

Sam

S

SedoCoUk

Hey Guys,

If you want to list a domain for sale above $10,000, you will need to order an appraisal, but you will also need to contact Sedo so that we can make the changes for you in your account. The reason why we require you to contact us after you order an appraisal in order to make price changes to your account, is so we don't have people listing domains for outrageous prices on our database.

If any of you have done this and want me to make any changes to your domains regarding the price, please send me a PM or email.

Sara

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This is more proof that Sedo has lost all of their marbles, completely though.

Which MORON at Sedo appraised this domain at euro 100,000? I mean, what kind of IDIOT puts a hundred-big-one tag on a .CC domain?

Sedo appraised a 100% natural traffic two-worder .com of mine at $3k - at the same time I had turned down offers 4 times that amount.

Sedo, you've lost all credibility with this one.

Samuel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
S

SedoCoUk

Hi Samuel,

It looks like whoever owns the domain helo.cc had an appraisal drafted on it, and after consulting with one of our appraisers,and after reviewing the appraisal, felt that it was valid to list it at this price.

However, I am not allowed to disclose any information about what the domain was appraised for. Hope this helps! :)

Sara

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sara, no help at all. Again...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
In other words, Sedo was paid to give a worthless appraisal - based on the seller's opinion. Sorry but you've lost all and any credibility left.

bdss

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand that you want to have a look at the domain before it is priced above $10k.

But why does one need to order a appraisal for that.
Isnt your sales dept taking this a bit too far ?

Samuel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please pardon me. I can't, I mean, I can't -----. Well,

Pick only one!

This one - or -
This one

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont now how there system works for sure but for names just over 10k usd i would list in euros or british pound bringing the max price up to almost 18k usd without an appraissal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom