Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sales settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, a couple of days later than planned, but the sales settings are out of the bag. For want of a better explanation, I shall quote directly from the New Features section in your account.

"We are happy to announce a new For Sale feature in the NameDrive control panel.

Many people are unaware that the vast majority of all sales offers come via links on your domains rather than searches in domain marketplaces. As a result of this, we now offer you more control over the enquiry link on your parked domains.
On entering your account, click the 'Settings' tab. Above the list of your domains, you will now see the 'Sales Settings' tab. You can alter these settings on a Folder and Domain level, so you can make settings for an entire folder or on a domain by domain basis.

You are offered three options: 'No' 'Yes' 'Contact only'

By selecting 'Contact only', a link will appear on your parked domain saying "Contact the domain owner". If an interested party clicks this link, they will be taken to a contact form. This form mentions no reference to a sale or selling the domain.
By selecting 'Yes', the same 'Inquire about this domain' link will appear on your domain as previously. However, you now have the option to set a minimum bid amount to ensure you no longer receive any offers below your expectations. However, we suggest that you do not set this amount too high as it is always better to entertain any offer over, say, $100 than refusing all lowball offers.
By Selecting 'No', no link will appear on your parked domain referring to contact or inquiry.

We hope you enjoy using these new settings options."

This is another thing which users have been asking for, so ND are happy to deliver.

It is still a work in progress, and it'd be great if any feedback from the users could be incorporated, so feel free to add any ideas for improvement.

Ed

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've applied a minimum offer across the board - I'll set them individually as I get the time.

Thanks for including the .mobi template as a user controlled option too.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's great news Ed. Any chance of offering escrow services in the near future?

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Ed...
I have placed min offer on many names. However when I view the site and click on "Enquire" there isn't any indication of my minimum....

eg, deelishus.com

Thanks,
Jim

Very happy about capitalization as well..

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

We don't actually display the minimum offer because I can guarantee you that if you say 'A minimum of $100', every single offer will be for 100$, regardless of how they value the domain. If they submit an offer below your minimum, then they are informed that they need to submit a higher one to ensure the offer is sent to the owner.

Ed

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

If they submit an offer below your minimum, then they are informed that they need to submit a higher one to ensure the offer is sent to the owner.

Ed

Sounds good to me...Thanks for clearing it up Ed..

remf

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Ed,

I have another suggestion in light of the recent 'sales' introduction.

Is there anyway to create 'viewing' accounts? Often when I'm selling names/portfolios the buyers like to see screen shots of all the names up for sale with stats, as part of the selling process.

A viewing account could be created by the account holder and would allow prospective buyers to log in and view stats (dictated by the account holder) but without any permissions to move, edit, delete etc. It would literally allow them to check the stats in the system, but wouldn't allow them to see personal data or anything like that.

A viewing account would be really helpful especially when selling large portfolios and would allow a further element of trust, especially in the selling process which is the direction ND seems to be pushing at the moment.

Thoughts?

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Remf,

I know that this has been brought up before. I'm not sure if that was by you or not. I do like the idea very much, but I have to be honest that it is really a fundamental change to our system for something which is maybe not a mass-used option. As a result, I can honestly say that there is little chance of this being implemented any time soon.
We are happy to vouch for or against traffic on our system, so any potential buyers who question the traffic numbers can always be directed to a ND rep and we will give our seal of approval - a level higher than simply showing them the stats in your account. This is something which has happened several times over DNForum and email and it's something we're happy to do if you are concerned about sales.

Just my thoughts on this :)

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom