Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Sales Strategy via Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I started out with Sedo just to see what their PPC would do for me, but I received a slew of offers on some of my domains last month. I made counter offers on a couple which were quickly rebuffed or ignored. (and they weren't ludicrous prices, only 10-30% over the offer prices)

When selling direct, no one takes offense at counter offers, but it seems those buyers in my limited sample did.

Any one else with experience care to comment? How have you found negotiating via Sedo to be (as buyer or seller)? Did you like it?

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have sold few domains successfully at sedo. In the latest case amount offered was $100 and final price $500. In another case finalised yesterday initial offer was $100 and final price $550.

I have got initial offer of $7500 and final offer of $9500 for a domain and still did not sell it. In few cases initial offer was $100 and negotiations broke off at $300.

I think there is no set pattern and each negotiation has to be handled individually. The final price depends on how badly a buyer wants your domain.

If the buyer keeps on responding quickly to your counter offers (even if by increasing offers by small amount) , he is very interested and watching your moves closely. Such buyer should be able to pay around $500.

Thanks,
URLtrader

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tend to see a lot of this...

Name: A "good" name
Buyer: $100
Me: $x,xxx
Buyer: $110
Me: $y,yyy
Buyer: $120

at that point I cancel, since they're clearly a time-waster.

funkker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nameable said:
I started out with Sedo just to see what their PPC would do for me, but I received a slew of offers on some of my domains last month. I made counter offers on a couple which were quickly rebuffed or ignored. (and they weren't ludicrous prices, only 10-30% over the offer prices)

When selling direct, no one takes offense at counter offers, but it seems those buyers in my limited sample did.

Any one else with experience care to comment? How have you found negotiating via Sedo to be (as buyer or seller)? Did you like it?
Well i tried negotiate 4.000Ł offer to higher price and no reply ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators