Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Salesforce “Gets It”, Buys Site.com to Offer Talent Management Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With domains such as Data.com, Do.com, Social.com, Force.com and Database.com in its kitty, Salesforce has shown in the past that it is one of those rare publicly traded companies that “gets” domain names. Now with the acquisition of Site.com that will house its new human capital management software, the company has once again shown its [...]

More...

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They don't fully get it. They tried to steal Forces.com using UDRP and lost.

I don't see this in WIPO... do you have a link to the case?

In any event, that's a ludicrous claim for forces.com.

Regarding their recent acquisition, it's a very shrewd one.

As a business partner and I learned the hard way in about 2009, finding companies that "need a website" is a lost cause, as most people then, now, and probably even some time before that, already have a website.

What was a problem that I saw coming from the time I was in the ninth grade, and still a bit of an amateur at the internet and web design, is that so many may have a website, for all intents and purposes, but do not have control over their website.

To the average businessperson who has a site, anything pertaining to it, from changes, to maintenance and similar is "handled by my web guy". This incurs substantial recurring fees for them in the arbitrage of content management. Not to mention a great deal of hassle to make a simple change on a website.

In this day and age, when having a Facebook fan page is often an adequate substitute for a website, and maintaining it is as simple as maintaining a Facebook profile, it can be very frustrating for a business owner to have to call their "web guy" every time they want to make a simple change, even so much as adding a new wine to the wine list in the case of a restaurant.

A domain like Site.com is very straight-to-the-point, and will allow potential users to see that maintaining your own site for your business is very doable, and is essentially an instant web presence. This is all foreign to the majority of business owners, and having a very "at-the-ready" type of solution is a very appealing thing. Even more so when combined with Salesforce.com's cachet, transparent (and reasonable) pricing structure, and very strong reference accounts such as Haagen Dasz and HP.

No doubt, Salesforce.com has done it again!

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They thought they had a nice play as owning sforce, and saying forces was a typo

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They thought they had a nice play as owning sforce, and saying forces was a typo

What a joke. I guess I could start a brand called bookface and sue Facebook for being a typo of my brand?

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or Sights,com :uhoh:

or Cites.com

Following which, they'll try to take over Cities.com as a typo of Cites.com. And onwards will march the SalesForce domain grabbing armada.

On another note about your post before this: I still think businesses need their own website in addition to a Facebook page if they are really serious about a web presence. On a FB fan-page, a prospective customer is just one single click away from being distracted by the latest cat pictures on his/her FB wall. Stand alone websites allow for greater focus. Not to mention that in 5 years, Facebook might not even be around, or have the kind of authority it does today (has happened before, will happen again). A 5 year old site, on the other hand, will actually gain authority with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom