Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Same name, different extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. flyfishing.com
2. flyfishing.net
3. flyfishing.org
4. flyfishing.info
5. flyfishing.us
6. flyfishing.biz
7. flyfishing.ws
8. flyfishing.cc

In what order would you rank these names in terms of value? I'm sure most would rank the .com in the first position, but would you rank the others as I have?

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It all depends.

For "FlyFishing", I think .com and .net are the only valuable ones, and maybe .org. As for any other extension, I don't think there worth much. In my opinion, the only people that really know that .biz, .info, .us, .ws, .cc are associated with the internet are people who register domains. When most people think of the internet, they think of .com.

I think in some cases, .org might be more valuable then .net, and .net might be more valuable then .com.

Of course when it comes down to it, a domain is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. You just have to find the right someone, however in the most cases, the right someone will find you.

RMF

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
1. flyfishing.com
2. flyfishing.net
3. flyfishing.info
4. flyfishing.org

Everything else is equally non-valuable (note: not "priceless".) ;)

W|Z

anothernewbie

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Did you put the .net above the .info because of the net used for fishing?

:)

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The usefulness (though not necessarily the monetary value) of the different TLDs depends on what sort of site you're trying to create.

If you're planning a commercial site selling flyfishing stuff, obviously the .com name makes the most sense.

If you run a nonprofit organization of flyfishers, the .org is the best address for you.

If you're setting up a general informational site with everything there is to know about flyfishing, then .info is right for you.

.biz and .net are harder to make a logical case for; .biz is just a second-choice domain for a commercial site when the .com is already taken, and .net is supposed to be for network infrastructure (what does flyfishing have to do with that)?

A flyfishing site aimed at a specific country might use the appropriate country code domain. Maybe you can do some really good flyfishing on the island of Tuvalu, so flyfishing.tv would be a hit! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom